In Real Life

Skylar's POV

"I just wanna be alone, Dallas." I heard her back away and then the door shut. Once I was sure she walked away, I burst into tears.

I was still in shock about what had happened over the past 2 months, and from what I've heard, Marissa is too.

I curled into a ball on my bed and pulled the covers up to my neck. I was almost asleep when my phone went off.

Jace- hey I heard you came home today.. How you feeling?

Me- I'm fine.

Jace- mind if I stop by?

Me- sure

Jace- be there soon:)

Ugh to be honest, I just wanted to be alone. But then again, I haven't seen any of my friends for a long time. So, whatever.

🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️🔴⚫️

"What's up loser?" I turned around and saw Jace standing in my door way. I forced a smile and he sat on my bed. "So, how have you been since you woke up?" I sighed and kept my head down.

"Okay, I guess. I'm just in between hating Demi and not hating her. Half of me says it was her fault and the other half says it wasn't." He nods and says "It's not her fault, you know. It was Joe's and you can't blame her for what happened."

"Why do you always have to be right?"

🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵

"Fine." The door slammed which made me flinch. I've been laying in bed for the past week, only getting up when Dallas made me eat.

I've also fallen back into old habits. You know, cutting, "excessive drinking", as my parents call it. No ones noticed that I started cutting again, and I plan on keeping it that way.

For the first time in a while, I went downstairs into the kitchen.

"She's alive!" I looked over and saw Demi standing there with a smirk on her face. I flipped her off then grabbed an apple and walked back up to my room. I sat down at my desk and pulled out my song book and just stared at it. Then a song came to my head.

Do you know what's worth fighting for?

When it's not worth dying for?

Does it take your breath away?

And you feel yourself suffocating

Does the pain weigh out the pride?

And you look for a place to hide?

Did someone break your heart inside?

You're in ruins..

1, 21 guns

Laid down your arms, gave up the fight

1, 21 guns

Throw up your arms, into the sky

You and I

When you're at the end of the road

And you've lost all sense of control

And your thoughts have taken their toll

And your mind breaks the spirit of your soul

Your faith walks on broken glass

And the hangover doesn't pass

Nothing's ever built to last

You're in ruins..

1, 21 guns

Laid down your arms, gave up the fight

1, 21 guns

throw up your arms, into the sky

You and I

Did you try to live on your own?

Then you burn down the house called home

Did you stand too close to the fire?

(A/N I honestly have no idea what this part is)

When it's time to live and let die

And you can't get another try

Something inside this heart has died

You're in ruins..

1, 21 guns

Laid down your arms, gave up the fight

1, 21 guns

Throw up your arms, into the sky

1, 21 guns

Laid down your arms, gave up the fight

1, 21 guns

throw up your arms, into the sky

You and I

I finished the song and a tear fell onto the paper, that's when I realized I was crying. I shut the book and walked to the bathroom.

I locked the door then slid down the wall onto the floor by the toilet. I grab my blade that I hid behind the toilet and let it sit in between my fingers before applying it to one of the only clear spots on my right wrist. I slowly slid it across my skin, watching the blood ooze out of the fresh cut. I go below that cut and make a new one. I continued to violently slash my wrists until I felt slightly dizzy. I looked down at my arm and see somewhere between 15 and 20 new cuts with blood pouring out of them. I slowly stand up and walk over to the sink. I run the water and stick my arm underneath it. I took a black towel from under the sink and wipe off my arm. I slide down my sleeve before walking back to my room.

Good girl. We didn't even have to tell you to do it that time.

Maybe now you will listen to us

"Okay." I whisper to the voices and they laugh.

Now, you must kill yourself to make your family happy

I jumped at that one. Kill myself?

I thought for a while then nodded and said,

"Okay."

A/N

Hey so I was gonna have Demi start being all sweet and shit to Skylar once they found her, but I changed my mind. So, get over it.

Just kidding I love you guys. But trust me, it's still gonna work this way!

Also, I have to dedicate this chapter to @CarinaLovato since she was so eager for an update!:)

Hailey