My Love Is Like A Star

Dallas's POV

Ugh finally I can leave. I've been stuck at work all day and I'm sick of it.

I hopped into my car and sped off home, obviously excited to see my baby girl! I turned up the radio and sang along to every song that came on. My smile quickly dropped when I saw a bunch of police cars and an ambulance in front of the house. I stopped and ran up to my mom.

"What happened?" She looked up at me and her cheeks were puffy and tear stained. I looked down at her clothes and they were covered in half-dry blood.

"It's Sk-Skylar."

My heart sank to my ass when she said that. What happened to my baby???

"What happened to her?"

"I don't know. She said she wasn't feeling well so I let her stay home from school and when I came home I went to check on her and she was laying on the floor passed out and barely breathing with an empty pill bottle next to her and her arms were covered in blood."

My knees buckled and I fell to the ground.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I heard my mom sigh and then say,

"I don't know.."

I froze, then there was a voice behind me saying, "Are you guys the family?" We all nodded and he handed Eddie an envelope. He looked down at it then back up to me. "Open it." He nodded and opened it then read the paper out loud.

"Dear family,

I know you all thought I've been getting better, but it's not at all true.

Since I was kidnapped, something inside me changed and I can't quite figure out what.

Before you all blame yourself, which I highly doubt you will do, I would like you to know that this was all inevitable and that there was nothing you could do to save me. It was bound to happen one day, and that day happened to be today.

In your rooms, you will all find a letter addressed to yourself. Maddie will not have one since she is so young.

My last words for you all would be this;

I love you all, but the pain I have been keeping inside is too much to bare.

I'm sorry, but this is what's best for us all.

With all my love,

Skylar Lynn Lovato<3"

He folded the paper then put it back in the envelope. I turned and ran into the house and up to my room. The door burst open and of course, there was an envelope with my name on it, laying on the bed.

I slowly walked over to it and hesitantly picked it up.

Dallas,

I'm so so so sorry for leaving you. Leaving you was definitely the hardest part of all of this.

We've had so many good memories together, and it breaks my heart to know that I will never be able to make more with you.

Although it has come to this, I would like you to know that I'm forever grateful for everything you have done for me. Without you, I would have died a long time ago.

Just remember this;

I will always be with you, wherever you may go, I will be watching and protecting you.

Consider me a star in the night sky, they're always there, even if you can't see them.

One last request;