Sunny

Sunny walked out of her last class, relieved the day was over. It had been about two weeks since the arrest of Darkstalker, and the gossip had finally died down. 

Things were getting back to normal, too. Holler was becoming and handful, and was getting really big. Smolder was coming over regularly, and Sunny and Meerkat were going out almost every night. 

It was finally almost Christmas, too, Sunny's favorite holiday. One question was bothering Sunny, though. She didn't know what to get Meerkat. She had already gotten a present for her mother and Holler, but hadn't gotten anything for Meerkat, and was clueless on ideas. 

Thorn was struggling, too, so the two were planning their presents together. Sunny had even gotten presents for all her friends! But she just couldn't stop stressing about Meerkat. 

She still had 2 weeks to think about it, so her main focus was school. 

When Sunny saw Meerkat standing by the door of the school, she walked faster to where he was. 

"Hey, Sunny." He said with a grin. 

"Hey, 'Kat." She said back. 

"Need a ride home?" He asked.

"Yeah, actually. How'd you know?" Sunny asked.

"I have my ways." He said vaguely. "To be honest, it was a wild guess. Where's your mom, anyway?"

Sunny took Meerkats hand. "She's at home already. She had a meeting for half the day, and took the rest of the day off, as Smolder had a meeting, too. She's putting up our Christmas decorations. You can come over, if you want." She offered. 

"If you want me there." Meerkat said.

"I do." Sunny admitted sheepishly.

"Let's go."

—————————————

When Sunny walked in, she saw her mother and Smolder putting up decorations together, laughing together. She grinned slightly. If only she could admit her feelings to Meerkat. Sure, they were dating, but she never had said those three words she'd been dying to say.

"Hey, Beetle." Thorn greeted Sunny, snapping her out of her thoughts. 

"Hey, mom." 

"How was school." Thorn asked, walking over to Sunny.

"Normal."

"I assume that's good?"

"Yeah." Sunny replied. 

"Nice." Thorn smiled. "Could you help us? We still have a lot to do. Smolder and I kinda got...distracted. Let's just say Smolder sucks at baking."

"Hey!" Smolder protested, walking behind Thorn.

"That's fine. We get it." Sunny said with a smile. "I can't bake any better."

They started to put the decorations up, silently working side by side. 

As they were doing this, Sunny found mistletoe.  She nudged Meerkat and showed him it, a mischievous grin plastered on her face. His eyes widened in understanding, a smile forming on his face. He nodded. Sunny crept over to her mother and Smolder, then held the mistletoe above their heads, reaching as tall as she could.

"Sunny!" Her mother shouted in surprise, jumping back. She noticed the mistletoe and rolled her eyes. "Oh, you clever little camel." 

Smolder glanced over, and his face got really red. 

"Ahem." Thorn said, pointing to the mistletoe above her head. 

Smolder rolled his eyes. "I'm not dumb." And kissed Thorn.

Sunny walked away from the scene, giggling with Meerkat following suite.

"They're going to get us back, you know." Meerkat whispered to Sunny as they continued putting up the decorations.

"I know." Sunny whispered back. "It was fun, though."

"Yeah." Meerkat agreed.

————————

Later that night, Sunny and Meerkat were hanging out in Sunny's room, looking down at their phones. 

Sunny took a deep breath. You'll be fine, she thought, Just get it over with.

"Hey, Meerkat." Sunny said.

"Yeah Sunny?" Meerkat said, looking at her.

"So... we've been dating for a couple of weeks now, and..." she took in another breath, then exhaled.

"And?" Meerkat prompted.

"I love you." Sunny blurted, then covered her mouth with her hands. 

Meerkat looked up, surprised.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same." Sunny added quickly. "I mean, you can break up if you want, and we don't have to.... and, but it'd be great if you do, I'm sorry, this is stupid. I didn't- I mean-"

Meerkat grabbed her hand. "It's okay. I was actually planning gin telling you the same thing soon."

"Really?" Sunny said.

"Really." Meerkat confirmed. He glanced at her. "Can I kiss you?"

Sunny didn't answer, just placed her lips on Meerkats, and then quickly pulled away.

"Does that answer it?" Sunny whispered.

Meerkat grinned, then pulled her in and kissed her again. Sunny gave in and kissed him, putting her hand on the back of his head.

Sunny broke away after a few seconds, looking at the entrance to her room. Standing in the doorway of her room, was her mother and Smolder. 

"Uh...." Sunny said. "Sorry?"

Thorn grinned. "I was wondering how long it would take. Guess I don't have to get you back for using the mistletoe."

Sunny glared at her mother. "Really."

"I'll just use it later, seeing as you don't have a problem kissing your boyfriend now." Thorn smiled.

Sunny groaned. "Mooooom!"

 A/N: Yay! Another part!