Glory

"Uh..." Glory said. "I just got another phone call. We've got to visit my grandmother."

"Why?" Sunny asked.

"I got another phone call." Glory replied. "Same number, different person. They said they have business they have to settle with Grandeur and that I have to bring her when we go to the school tomorrow. I'm gonna talks to her, now." Glory said, awkwardly standing up to leave.

——————-

Glory, Deathbringer, and Thorn were all going to Glory's grandmother's house. They were driving there now, Thorn driving.

They arrived at Grandeur's manchine, and Deathbringer was gaping at it.

"You used to live here?!" He exclaimed.

"Yes." Glory replied. "Now let's go." She started walking towards the door to the house, moving as quickly as she could on crutches.

When they got to Grandeurs door, Glory took a deep breath. Deathbringer squeezed her shoulder, and Glory rang the doorbell.

When Grandeur opened the door, she was surprised. "Glory?" She narrowed her eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Grandmother." Glory replied curtly. "We need your help."

"Fine." Grandeur snapped. "Come in."

"Thank you." Glory replied, walking inside.

When they all sat down, Grandeur looked at Glory, unhappy.

"Glory," Grandeur started. "Introduce me to your... acquaintances."

"Yes, grandmother." Glory responded. "These are Thorn and Deathbringer, Thorn is the mother of one of my friends, and Deathbringer is my boyfriend."

Grandeur looked at Glory. "You have a boyfriend? Why would anyone date you?"

Deathbringer stood up, furious. "Don't you DARE talk to Glory that way. She's a better-" Deathbringer was cut off as Glory pulled him back. She lowered her voice so only Deathbringer could hear her. "Stop. We're here for a reason. We are guests. We don't want to be kicked out."

Deathbringer nodded.

Glory cleared her throat. "So, grandmother, I'm sure you've heard of Darkstalker?"

Grandeur nodded.

"Well, about a month after Arctic was murdered, he kidnapped Deathbringer, and Deathbringer's friend Riptide. My friends arrested him, and rescued Riptide and Deathbringer.

"On Christmas this year, he escaped. A few days later, he tried to kill us by burning down a building we were in. Earlier today, I got two phone calls. One was from Darkstalker, saying we have to meet him at our school at 9 pm tomorrow. He also told me to bring all my friends that helped with the original arrest. Later, I got another phone call, but another person answered the phone, even though it was the same number. They said to bring you, and that you had business you need to settle. If we don't, we all most likely die."

"Alright." Grandeur agreed. "But only because I'd like to keep my life.