Clay

A/N: I'm back! I hope everyone had a good Christmas (if you celebrate) and I'm sorry for not updating in over a week. I've been really busy, I went on a road trip for Christmas, and my mom got Disney+ so I've been watching TV a lot. Thanks for 3.7k+ reads and 30 followers!

Clay was nervous. What if everything went wrong? What if they were caught, and then killed? Would Glory be able to get put with her injured leg? And Thorn, Sunny, and Meerkat were all still injured, just not as severe.

Clay climbed into the top of the vents, shaking the thoughts put of his head. He followed Starflight, Fatespeaker and Peril through the vents, Starflight going ahead to find a way out.

After what seemed like hours of crawling through the hot vents, they finally reached the outside of the building.

It wasn't a big drop to the ground, and, surprisingly, there were no guards anywhere, which Clay thought was odd.

They crept out of the building, and ran into the woods across the street. They had no vehicles, and no idea where they were, or how close they were to Pyrrhia.

"Where are we?" Turtle asked.

Thorn looked around. "I think we're in Pantala. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but let's go see if the city's nearby."

They started walking in the opposite direction, and Clay was almost falling asleep as he was walking.

The group stopped for a break, and Clay, along with a few other people, crashed on the forest floor, asleep.

-----------

Clay woke up a few hours later to see that the sun was starting to rise. He was the last one to wake up, and Thorn looked relieved to see him awake.

"Let's go." she said. "It shouldn't be too far to Pantala now. I can see it from here. It's a lot farther to Pyrrhia, and with more chances of getting caught. I'm glad we went this way."

"So am I." Clay agreed. "I'm ready to go home." he stated.

"I miss Holler." Sunny said sadly. "He's going to go crazy when we get home." she smiled.

"I'm just tired of all this crap Darkstalkers done." Glory said. "Now let's go. I'd like to have a peaceful Christmas break."

So, they headed out towards Pantala, and when it was about midday, from what Clay assumed, they finally arrived.

There were vendors everywhere, and Clay was starving; he wished he could eat the food from the stands.

He begged Thorn to eat, and after much persuasion, Thorn finally gave in.

They went to a small diner, called the LeafWing Diner.

When they walked in, Clay felt like he was home again, and it almost made him cry. He missed his siblings. The aromas of the restaurant were amazing, though.

He couldn't wait to eat.

They were greeted by a girl with long, dark green hair, and she looked to be about the same age as Clay and his friends.

"Hi!" she said. "I'm Hazel, welcome to the LeafWing Diner." she led them to a table, and ordered their food. They all quickly ate it, famished.

They left the diner and went to find a way to get back to Pyrrhia. They looked like a school group with a bunch of teenagers and an adult.

After a few hours of searching, and trying not to get lost (which was hard with 17 teenagers) they finally found a way to get back to their hometown.

They found a taxi company. Well, Kinkajou did. Thorn, thankfully, had enough money to pay for all of the taxi to take them back to Pyrrhia.

When they had paired into groups, Clay, Peril, and Thorn climbed into their taxi. Clay was glad to be able to sit down. He thought he was going to pass out if he stood up any longer.

Clay rested his head on Peril's shoulder, and enjoyed the peace and quiet. It seemed like he never got to do that anymore.