Glory

Glory and Thorn were at Deathbringer's house, and Glory was in Deathbringer's room. Glory had decided to keep all of Deathbringer's things, holding on to the slightest hope, that maybe, just maybe, there was a chance that he was alive.

But, as the days passed, it seems less and less likely.

He had also written a letter, and had given Glory a gift. It was his diary, of everything about him, and his life. And the letter had made Glory cry once again. It was almost like a suicide note, but it confused Glory.

Dear Glory,

I just want you to know that you are the light of my life. You have been for years, and I just want to thank you. Now, if I get through this, then you won't be reading this. But before we go to Darkstalkers headquarters, Meerkat pulled me aside. He told me that he was working with Darkstalker, and that he had a plan to get us out. But, he also told me that Darkstalker had a bomb, and that he was planning on killing all of us. I knew that I couldn't let us—you, die, so I made a plan. I think you know what my plan is now, and I'm sorry. It's what I had to do. I told my mom about this, and to give it to you when you got back, since I knew that I wasn't going to live. Please, don't blame Meerkat for this, and don't sulk around. Make me be cool. I want to be remembered as a funny, hot, guy who was in love with the most beautiful women in the world. Not as a sacrifice. Just get out and do good in the world, and if you fall in love with someone else, that's okay. It's fine, and don't think that I won't love you anymore because of that, because I always will.

I love you,

Deathboy.

She had shown Thorn the letter, too, and called Sunny and read it to her. And she had also read part of Deathbringer's diary. He had had it for years, and hadn't been consistent with it, not until the past year, when he had started dating Glory. She loved one of the entries of when he was nine:

Dear Diary,

I really hate school. But, I know that I'm in love with Glory, who is the prettiest girl EVER and we're going to get married. She hates me, tho. Idk y. Also, the only reason I'm actually writing since I haven't written in FOREVER is because my mom grounded me. I didn't do my homework because I thought that schoolwork shouldn't be done at home, I mean, it's called SCHOOLwork for a reason. And then I got grounded. So, now, I'm going to write a Valentine's letter to Glory, my true love.

Glory,

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I really like you, will you go out with me?

XOXO, Deathbringer

P.S. we're going to get married. ;)

Glory had remembered getting that Valentine, and she couldn't help but smile a little bit, and wish how much it was true. But it was never going to happen.

There was also one of his more recent entries.

Dear Diary,

It's been awhile, hasn't it? I just started dating Glory, and I feel like the luckiest man alive. I remember having a huge crush on her years ago, and that dream, the dream I had for so long, is reality. And my football season is going great, so that's a plus. Anyway, things are a little whacky right now. There's this dude called Darkstalker, and you might remember him as the dude who pushed me into the sandbox in Kindergarten. Yeah, good times. Now, he's tried to murder Sunny's mom, the principle of our school who is super cool, and he murdered his own father, Thorn's colleague. Anyway, I have a weird gut feeling that something really bad is going to happen soon. I just don't know what it is, and I don't want Glory to get hurt because of it.

Deathbringer

As Glory read his diary, she wished that she could've heard him say something. Just a simple 'hello' would have made Glory a million times happier. If only that could happen.

A/N: Thank you all for 18k+ reads! Also, I should hopefully have this book done by maybe the beginning of June or the mid June, possibly earlier. So thank you all for so many reads, and if I can get to 100 followers before this book is done, then I'll make a sequel. I'll probably make a sequel anyway, but it'll just be up quicker.