Starflight

Starflight was pacing in their prison cell, thinking deeply on how they could escape. He couldn't seem to think! He tried for hours, getting ideas, then contradicting them in his head, realizing that it couldn't work. He was getting frustrated. He wanted to do something heroic, something that would make him seem less... pathetic. More like his friends. They always seemed to be the heroes, and Starflight was just the one to be in the back, hiding from the crowd. He didn't even know why he had friends. Why would anyone want to be friends with the nerdy, unathletic kid? He smiled faintly. I have friends, though. He thought. Starflight smiled wider. He had someone who loved him, and who he loved, and friends that cared for his well being. He shouldn't doubt himself.

So, Starflight got to thinking again, and almost immediately came up with an idea.

"I've got it!" He whispered loudly. He pointed towards the ceiling, towards where the heating vents were. "We can climb through the air vents." He paused, doubting himself. "Glory would need help, though. And Smolder would still be here. And—"

He was cut off as Thorn put one hand on his shoulder and smiled reassuringly. "I think it's a great idea. We can deal with Smolder later. Deathbringer can help Glory, might as well give him permission if he's going to anyway." Deathbringer smirked. Thorn rolled her eyes. "We'll leave tonight, when everyone's asleep. We'll get Smolder later. We have to."

Starflight knew that it was going to be hard for Thorn to leave her fiancé at this torture hole, he couldn't imagine being able to leave Fatespeaker here, but he admired her courage to leave him. Starflight wished he could be that brave, but he decided to work on that later. I've got more important things to do, he thought. And I need to do as much as I can to help. I have to.

A/N: Thank you all so much for 3,000 reads! It means so much. I never thought I would get this. Also, I have Christmas break starting on Saturday, so I'll most likely be updating more. Merry Christmas! 🎄🎁