Glory

A/N: Thanks for 15k reads! Also, this story is almost over. I may do a sequel, right now I don't really know. I hopefully can update again this week, but updates will be faster than they have been.

"No!" Glory screamed. This couldn't be happening. Deathbringer couldn't be dead. She felt one of her friends hug her and lead her to the car that Darkstalker was going to leave in, and one of them drove them back to Pyrrhia, but Glory wasn't aware of much.

"Hey," Sunny soothed. Glory recognized her voice. "It'll be fine. Deathbringer's going to be fine. He's not dead."

"Yes he is!" Glory snapped. "He was inside that building. There is no way that anyone could have survived that. He's gone."

Glory looked up at her friend and saw her blinking back tears. "Look on the bright side," she said through her tears. "We don't have to deal with Darkstalker, or your mom anymore."

"Yeah." Glory said. "I guess that's a good thing."

The rest of the car ride was silent.

——————

Clay has driven everyone home, with Glory going to Thorns house. As soon as Glory walked in the door, Thorn was all over her.

"You're back!" Thorn said. She noticed Sunny and Glory faces, they were both still crying, and Thorn pulled them both in a hug.

"What happened?" Thorn whispered. "You don't have to tell me, but I might be able to help."

"Deathbringer's dead." Sunny whispered.

Thorn stepped back. "What? No-no. He can't be."

Smolder walked into the room, carrying two cups of coffee. "You're back!" He exclaimed. "What-what's wrong?" He asked, his face falling.

"Deathbringer's dead." Thorn said.

Smolders eyes widened. "What-how. Why?"

Sunny looked up at her mother. "We were escaping to leave his building, Meerkat was getting us out since he could get past the guards—"

"Why could Meerkat get past the guards?" Smolder asked.

"Because he was working with Darkstalker." Glory said.

"What?" Thorn said.

"That seems like so long ago now." Sunny said. "But that's beside the point. I'll tell you about it later. Anyway, Darkstalker stopped us. He was going to blow the whole place up with us inside of it, and he was going to escape, but Deathbringer tackled him and dragged him into the building," she broke off, sniffling. "And it blew up. With Deathbringer and Darkstalker inside."

"I'm so sorry." Thorn said. She had started crying now. She pulled the two girls into a hug again. Smolder came up behind them and wrapped his arms around all of them.

What am I going to tell Quickstrike? Glory thought.