The Last Chapter

~Sunny~

Sunny was meeting up with Meerkat. They had decided to start trying to date again after what happened with Darkstalker. And Sunny had forgiven him, kind of. She still felt really betrayed when she thought about what Meerkat had done, but it was getting easier to think about.

She walked into the gates of the park, and felt a snowflake on her nose. She looked up and saw flakes slowly falling down from the sky. She smiled, and looked ahead of her to see Meerkat, and she looked at Holler. "You ready?" She asked him.

He barked at her.

"I'll take that as a yes," Sunny said. She crouched down and took the leash off of his collar, and he ran towards Meerkat, Sunny walking behind him.

Meerkat looked up right before Holler tackled him, and Meerkat fell into a snowbank.

"Holler," he grumbled. He stood up, and pushed Holler off of himself. He brushed the snow off his pants.

"Hey, Sunny," he said, with a nervous smile.

"Hey, Meerkat." She said.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yeah," she said. "Let's just walk around the park. It's a nice day."

"Okay," Meerkat said. He held out his hand. "M'lady?"

Sunny laughed. "You're such a romantic."

"I'm trying to make up for what I've done." Meerkat said, looking away. "Sunny, I'm really sorry, and I know I've said it before, but I did what had to be done. Talk to Glory when you get back to your house. Ask her about the letter Deathbringer wrote her. Doing this—it was the only way we could defeat Darkstalker and have the majority of us live."

Sunny looked at Meerkat, and hugged him. "Hey," she said. "It's okay. Don't beat yourself up about it." She looked up at him, and Meerkat's eyes were wet. "It's going to be fine." And kissed him.

This was going to be a new start for them. Without any problems in their life that were life-threatening. It was a new day for them. One chapter had finished, and a new one had started.

~Clay~

Clay looked out the window in his house and saw a car drive up. He looked out and saw Peril step out of her car.

"Aunt Asha, I'll be back soon!" He yelled.

"Okay, Clay, I love you!" She yelled back. "Tell Peril I said hi, happy birthday!"

"Me too!" Umber yelled, and the rest of his siblings chorused.

"I will," He called back. He walked out the door and ran to Peril. "Hey, Peril," he said. "Everyone says hi, and happy birthday,"

"That's sweet." She said. "Tell them I said hi back, okay?" She asked.

"Yep." Clay replied. "I will. You ready?" He asked.

"More than ever." She replied. "Where are we going?" She asked.

Clay grinned. "You'll see."

"Oh, boy." Peril said.

"C'mon, follow me." Clay said, and he ran onto the sidewalk, and cut off to another street.

Peril started to run after him. "Clay, where are you going?"

"It's a surprise!" He yelled, and he kept running until he came to a house that was where everything started.

"Why are we at Thorn's house?" Peril asked.