Chapter 12

Alex Point of View

When Thalia and Percy left, my moms came into the room.

"Leah can you help me sit up now please?"

"Sure Alex. Just a second Artemis and Zoë."

Leah helped me sit up and made sure I wasn't in pain before she sat back down next to me and put her head on my shoulder that wasn't hurt.

"Alejandra, how are you feeling? And do you have any questions for us?"

"Good. And yes, I have a couple of questions to ask but you don't have to answer them if you don't want to. It is ok."

"Go ahead and ask them I will answer or tell you that you will get an answer at a later date."

"Ok first, what you do want me to call each of you so that I don't just keep saying Mom to both of you and then get confused by which one is which and who said what?"

"Well you can call me Mom and Zoë what do you want our daughter to call you my love?"

"You can call me Mother if you wish or Mum whichever you prefer. I don't mind either of them to be honest with you."

"Ok. Mom and Mother. Second, are you both going to claim me at the bonfire tonight or will that wait till Grandpa Zeus is in a better mood and not going to want to kill me for existing?"

"Well considering that Dad is in a good mood then it will be tonight and if he gets mad then I will just tell him you were born like the children of Athena are. Any other questions?"

"Yeah when I am out of here can you and Mother teach me to use a bow and hunting knives. Percy is teaching me how to sword-fight but I want to learn how to use every weapon that way I won't find myself in a position without a weapon that I know how to use."

"Yes, I will teach you to use a bow and hunt. While Zoë will teach you how to use hunting knives. And we will also teach Leah that way she can defend herself as well as help you if you get hurt."

"Thanks Mom. Thanks Mother. That means a lot to me and I don't have any other questions right now other than do I have any powers that I should know about?"

"No problem and none that I know of besides being stronger with it is night time and whenever the moon is out. You will most likely have to figure them out as you grow older and more accustomed to the Greek/Roman world. And yes, I can tell you about the Romans because you will most likely not be staying here for long correct?"

"Yes, we will stay till we learn to defend ourselves then probably move to the city for a year or two. Then Leah said that I could enlist if I still wish to at that point in time."

"Ok well I will give you both something before you leave camp to live in the mortal world but know that if something major comes up. Then you might have to be called in order to help fight unless you are enlisted then I wouldn't expect you to abandon something you worked hard for and fought to get."

"Should we tell Percy and our other friends before you tell everyone and also tell them our plans for what we are going to do?"

"Yes, I believe that it would be wise to do that. In case something was to happen and they need your help. And tell them so that they won't be caught off guard."

"Ok thanks Mom and Mother."

We talked and got to know each other better and soon Will came in and stated that he would help me walk around a little and if I could walk on my own by the time, he left then I could leave. At first it was hard and I could only manage a couple of steps with him helping me but after about fifteen minutes I was walking around with his help and wasn't in any pain.