Chapter 1

"Nora! Anybody home?" I blink a couple times and look at him.

"Sorry Professor Walsh. I zoned out." He smiles jokingly and says, "Can't have one of my best students snoozing during a lecture. Especially one this close to our trip to Ireland."

A couple students in our Irish history class were taking a trip to Collinstown Ireland in a month. We would be there for a little bit under four weeks to study the culture first hand.

I survived the rest of the lecture without dozing off. When it was over I got in my car and drove home. When I got home I went inside and threw my stuff in the closet. I was surprised to see my mom sitting on the couch with her phone in her hand.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" I asked.

"No I had the day off," she said without looking up. I sit down and take out my iPhone to check Instagram.

"So, how was your day?" I asked.

"Good. I slept in until 10 and then cleaned up the house a little bit." She looked up suddenly.

"Are you excited?" I stared blankly at her.

"I just remembered, the New Direction concert is in two days!" I smile.

"Yeah, it's gonna be really fun." My mom had heard a conversation between me and my BFF Grace about One Direction. Grace is a HUGE fan, and she falsely assumed that I was too, so for my birthday she bought me tickets and a backstage pass to one of their concerts. We lived in the suburbs of New York, about an hour outside of the main city. I was planning on driving there Friday afternoon so I could get there about an hour before the show started. I started leaving the room, then peeked around the corner.

"Hey mom, I think it's ONE Direction."