How to start the day right :)

6 AM. The sunlight peered through Julie’s bedroom window. The faint light turned the pale pink room into a light orange one. Julie would’ve loved it, if she weren’t sleeping like a baby. From outside her room, she could hear music resonating. She slowly opened her eyes and there to greet her was, Elmo. He was flashing her his radiant smile. What a great start to the day, she thought.

            “Good morning, baby! Sorry if I barged in your room but I cooked up breakfast for you.” Elmo said as he pulled her out of the bed and dragged her towards their kitchen/dining area. “Talaga lang ha? Ikaw talaga nagluto nito? Baka nag pa deliver ka lang or ikaw mismo nagtake-out sa 24–hour diners diyan sa paligid?” She commented as she yawned and rubbed her eyes. “Ang sakit mo naman magsalita, baby. Siyempre, ako nagluto nito. Para sa pinakamagandang babae sa Asheville. Sa aking one and only best friend, Julie Anne San Jose!” She smirked and glared at him. She saw in front of her was a plate of eggs, bacon and toast. She smiled. “Wow naman… Pinapataba mo naman ako, baby…” She said as she gestured for him to sit beside her. “Ang sexy mo nga eh!” He commented. He started serving the food that was in front of them. Elmo really knew how to treat Julie like a princess. She always felt so well taken care of as long as he was around.

“Magaling, Elmo ah.”

“Of course. I studied HRM kaya…”

“Oo nga pala…”

“Nakalimutan? Sakit.”

“Hey, I didn’t. It just slipped my mind.”

“Same lang yan.”

            Elmo stood from his seat and stomped towards the living room. He sat down on the couch and buried his face in a throw pillow. Julie followed him and sat beside him.

“Aba… Nagtatampo?”

            Elmo stayed silent.

“Sorry na, baby… I knew naman na ikaw talaga ang nagluto ng food eh. I was just joking. Gusto lang naman kitang asarin.”

            Elmo was still silent.

“Elmo naman… Parekoy… Sorry na… What do you want me to do?”

            Elmo suddenly sat up and smiled at Julie. She stared at him for a while before muttering, “What?”

“You really wanna know how to make it up to me?”

“Yes, Elmo.”

            Elmo smiled again and started pointing his cheek.

“No.”

“Aww… C’mon. You hurt my feelings…”

“Fine!”

            Julie quickly kissed his cheek and Elmo moved his head that she almost kissed him on the lips. “Oh my gosh! Elmo!!!” Julie slapped his arm. She stood up and walked back into the dining room to eat her breakfast. Elmo laughed and followed her. This is gonna be a good day, Elmo thought to himself.