Nothing Could Ever Come Between Us!

Elmo was practicing for his first duet with Scarlett. They had one song to sing since they wanted to try if the customers would like their team up. “Can’t you see that I’m the one who understands you, been here all along, so why can’t you see, you belong with me…-“

“You belong with me…” Julie cut in. Elmo was startled since he didn’t know she was around. He turned around and saw Julie smiling and walking towards him. She wrapped her arms around him from behind and rested her chin on his shoulder.

“I didn’t know you were listening.” Elmo said with a smile.

“Is this your song for tomorrow?’ Julie asked as she looked at the sheet music. “Baby, this is arranged for a duet… Are you singing with someone?”

“Um… Yeah. I’m singing with this girl named Scarlett. You know, she used to sing at Bart’s and she’s back for a while. Dottie insisted…”

“Oh… Okay.”

            Julie let go of him and moved to the couch. She wrapped her arms around her knees which were pressed against her chest. Elmo looked at her and walked towards her. He sat next to her and wrapped an arm around her.

“Hey… Julie… What’s wrong?”

“Wala… Ano ka ba?”

“Baby, sabihin mo na kase… Halata naman na may gusto kang sabihin eh.”

“Wala nga…”

“Eh di ako nalang ang sasabi. You’re jealous, aren’t you?”

“Hindi kaya! You wish!”

“You are, baby!  I know you!”

“Fine! Oo na! I’m jealous. Kase naman… Akala ko, ako lang ang ka duet mo… Akala ko, hindi ka na hahanap ng iba… Ayoko na nagpeperform ka with other girls.”

“Ang cute talaga ng baby ko pag nagseselos… Baby, you’re my girl, you’re my love, you’re my partner throughout the rest of my life. Siya, she’s just a girl I’m gonna sing with.”

“I used to be just a girl you sang with. What’s the difference?”

“Tinatanong pa ba ‘yan, baby? Mahal kita… That’s what makes you different from her.”

            Elmo kissed her on the forehead and hugged her tight. “Julie, I love you… This duet, it’ll just be a duet. Nothing will come out of this. I swear.” He kissed her cheek. She still didn’t move. She didn’t say anything either. She just sat quietly in his arms. “Lagi nalang tayo nag-aaway, Moe. Lagi nalang nagsasakitan… Ewan ko…”

“Julie, ano ba ang sinasabi mo? Ano ba ang ibig mong sabihin?”

“Elmo, do you think becoming a couple was a good idea?”

“Are you having regrets about us?”

            Julie was silenced. She sat there staring blankly ahead. Elmo let go of her and stood up. He started pacing the floor back and forth in front of her. She could hear him sigh from time to time but she couldn’t see his face, since he was burying it in his hands. A few seconds had passed when Elmo stopped pacing and stared at Julie.

“Ba’t hindi ka makasagot? Ano, Julie!? Are you having regrets!? You don’t want me to be your boyfriend anymore, is that it!?”

“Elmo, ‘wag mo akong sisigawan-”

“Could you blame me for shouting!? The girl I love is voicing out that she isn’t sure about us… How do you expect me to react!?”

“Elmo! Ano ka ba!? Hindi ako bingi! That’s why hindi mo ako kailangan sigawan. I can hear you perfectly. Kaya please… ‘Wag tayong magsigawan…”

            Elmo sat on the chair opposite her. He glared at her and buried his face in his hands again.

“Moe, that’s not what I meant… Of course I don’t regret being in this relationship with you. You’re the love of my life… Ang sinasabi ko lang na since naging tayo, parang we always fight na… I just wish we’d stop all the stupid arguments…”

Elmo raised his head and Julie actually saw tears in his eyes. He shook his head and walked towards Julie. He got on his knees and held her hands. “I’m sorry that I shouted at you… I didn’t mean to… I got carried away…” Elmo apologized as he kissed her hands. Julie smiled at him, she pulled her hands away from his grasp and touched his face. She cupped his cheeks and she moved her face closer to his just that their noses were touching.

“Ako naman ang may kasalanan eh… Ako ‘yung nagselos.” Julie frowned.

            Elmo smiled and ran his hand through her hair. “I love you… Let’s just forget about it. Daig pa natin ‘yung mag-asawa mag-away.” He said as he laughed.

“Sobra ka naman… Hindi kaya.” She replied.

----------------------------------

All this fighting... Bad vibes. Hahaha! Good thing that nothing could ever come between Julie and Elmo.

Tell me what you think.

Comments are greatly appreciated. 

And please... Pretty please... Be my fan. :)