The End?

When Elmo heard her voice, it was as if the heavens had opened up and there was an angels’ chorus. It was like a huge weight was lifted off of his chest. He couldn’t help but get a little bit emotional. His eyes started watering but tears didn’t fall. He held it in.

“Baby?” He called.

            He heard Julie sob through the phone.

“Baby? Umiiyak ka ba? Baby, ‘wag kang umiyak. Alam mo naman na nasasaktan ako kapag umiiyak ka.”

            Julie was still crying and Elmo could hear her sniffle. Elmo felt his chest being crushed, he couldn’t take it when she was crying especially because he was the reason why she was crying.

“Baby, I’m sorry. Please stop crying. Baby, I know what I did was wrong-“

            “Best, sumama ka sa akin.” Francheska interrupted. Julie covered her phone so that Elmo wouldn’t hear what they were talking about. “Best, wrong timing. Nag-uusap kami ni Moe eh.”

“Best, trust me.”

            Julie saw how serious Francheska looked. Julie nodded. She put Elmo on hold and texted him that she’ll be right back. Francheska led Julie down the stairs and out of the door. Julie was confused but when Francheska pointed at a car outside of Julie’s gate, she immediately knew who it belonged to.

            “Baby?” Elmo appeared from behind the car and stood in front of the gate to Julie’s house. He was wearing a plain black shirt, a pair of jeans and white kicks. Simple for others but for Julie, he was perfect. Julie, on the other hand, was wearing plain house clothes, a tank top, a pair of jean shorts and slippers. For Elmo, he was in the midst of an angel. Francheska had already went inside. Julie walked towards the gate and opened it. They were now face to face, Elmo smiled at her and Julie gave him a faint smile in return.

“I’m so sorry, baby. I didn’t tell you that I was cut off from my money because I wanted to handle it. I wanted to prove to everyone and to you that I am capable of providing for you and of taking care of you. I didn’t mean to lie. I just didn’t want you to worry.”

            Julie had tears in her eyes. She was speechless. She wasn’t sure of what she was supposed to say. Elmo waited for her answer but he knew that she wouldn’t say anything. She was also avoiding eye contact. Elmo shook his head and took hold of her hand. He used his other hand to touch her face and make her face him. “I’m so sorry. I should’ve told you. I have no excuse for not telling you. Just please, give me another chance… I love you.”

“I love you, Elmo. I forgive you.” Julie said as she wrapped her arms around him. He hugged her as well. “I’m never letting go of you. I will always keep holding on.” Julie whispered in his ear. “That’s good. Because I will always keep holding on to you.” Elmo whispered back.

                                                                         THE END