Oh no...

When she woke up, she felt refreshed and she felt much better than how she had felt last night. She got out of bed and headed for the bathroom, she washed her face and brushed her teeth. She went to the kitchen and saw Elmo cooking breakfast.

“Morning.” She greeted him.

            Elmo was startled by the sound of her voice. He didn’t notice that she was behind him. He quickly turned around and smiled at her.

“Baby-“

            Before Elmo could finish his statement, she cut off his words with a hug. Elmo sighed with relief. This meant that she had forgiven him. Still holding him, she looked up to face him. He gazed at her. “I’m so sorry, Julie. I didn’t mean to say those things. I was just jealous.” He apologized. “Hindi mo naman kailangan mag-selos eh. Nag-iisa ka lang sa puso ko, Elmo. Ikaw lang ang mahal ko at mamahalin ko habang-buhay.” Julie replied. “Ikaw lang din naman ang mamahalin ko habang buhay ah. Kahit na sa kabilang buhay pa.” Elmo countered. Before Julie could say anything else, Elmo kissed her on the lips again. Julie smiled and hit his chest playfully. “Magalona ha, nakakailan ka na…”

“Love you, Julie.”

            Elmo dropped Julie off at school early in the morning for Vocals 101. “Elmo, don’t forget the bills, okay? The electricity bill is on the fridge along with the water bill, the phone line and the gas bill. Okay? I summed it up, make sure you only pay $234. If you pay more than that, let them recheck it. I have to go. I love you. Bye.” Julie reminded before running off to her classroom. Elmo just chuckled and drove off. He found her so cute when she was jittery. Julie entered her classroom and saw Mark by her arm-chair.

“Hey, Jules.”

“Hi, Mark.” Julie answered with a smile.

“Did I do something wrong last night?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Your boyfriend was probably getting ready to put his fist on my face.”

“Oh… That… I’m sorry. He just gets a bit jealous. I mean, he did wait two years for me. I kinda get it…” Julie said with a dreamy look. She realized how Elmo had felt. After all, he was in love with her for a while and the idea of losing her was one he couldn’t take. She excused herself from Mark and went to the corner of the room. She dialed Elmo’s number on her phone and it rang.

“Hello? Julie? Is something wrong?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice.”

“Baby…”

“I love you so much, Elmo Moses Magalona.”

“I love you too, Julie Anne San Jose… Magalona.” Elmo said and Julie could hear him giggle. She couldn’t help but smile as well.

“Okay. Aasa ako na ‘yun talaga yung name ko sa huli… Sige na. See you later. Take care. I love you…”

“Mahal na mahal din kita.”

            Julie closed her phone and took her seat. Mark sat next to her and he kept staring. “Mark, you okay?” She asked her. “Um… Julie? I kinda need your help.”

“With?”

“Can I sing something for you? Tell me if you like it.”

“Go ahead! Sing…”

“Okay… You’ve got that smile… That only heaven can make… I pray to God everyday that you keep that smile… One, two, three four!”