Wow... Welcome party. Nice :(

Two days later, everything was set. The tickets were ready. Julie’s mom sent her money for the fare. They’ve cleared out their things in the apartment. Julie withdrew from school. Elmo resigned from Bart’s. They were going home. That was it.

            They entered the airport, they took a direct flight, it was a bit expensive but with the circumstances at hand, they were willing to pay any price. They sat beside each other in the plane but they didn’t talk to each other. For fourteen hours, they just sat there, slept, ate, drank, and kept to themselves. Elmo was aching to talk to her but he knew that she didn’t want to. When they arrived at the airport, paparazzi ambushed them.

“Julie! Elmo! Saan ba kayo pumunta? Ano ba ang ginawa niyo?”

            Tons of questions bombarded them. Cameras were flashing too. Elmo stopped walking. Julie looked over her shoulder, confused with his sudden halt.

“I’ll answer your questions po. Yes?”

“Saan ba kayo pumunta? At ba’t kayo umalis ng walang paalam?”

“Julie and I left for the States. We did ask for permission. Our families knew about us leaving and we asked them to come with us, but they didn’t want to.”

“Ba’t ba umalis kayo?”

“For a vacation.”

“Kayo na ba?”

            “No. This will be my last comment on the matter, Julie and I left for the States for a vacation. We left as friends and we return as friends. Nothing more. Nothing less. We were gone and now we’re back. And now we are ready to get back to work. We miss our fans and we are excited to see them again. Thank you.” He gave them a smile and walked towards Julie who was waiting for him to finish. They walked beside each other towards the van that was sent to pick them up. They first stopped by Julie’s house to drop her off. Just as she was about to leave, Elmo took her by the hand and kissed it.

“Julie, I love you and I’m so sorry.”

“I’m sorry, Elmo. Pero hindi ko pa kaya ‘to.”

            Julie took her hand away from his hold and left Elmo there. Julie’s mom greeted her with a hug and brought her bags inside, she followed.

“Anak, ba’t-“

“Mama, I’m sorry. Napagod lang po ako. Hindi na mauulit.”

            Julie’s mom nodded and hugged her again. Meanwhile, at Elmo’s condo, his mom and his siblings were waiting for his arrival. When he got there, he was immediately ambushed with tons of questions.

“Why did you leave so sudden?”

“Ano ba ang ginawa niyo dun?”

“Ba’t mo naman sinama si Julie sa mga scheme mo?”

“Ano ba naman ‘yan, Moe? Papano na yung career mo? Yung image mo and more importantly, Julie’s image?”

            Elmo dropped his bags and headed for the couch. He sat down and buried his head in his hands. “I was tired. You wouldn’t let me leave… Julie and I needed the rest. I would defend Julie until the day I die. I wouldn’t let people talk smack about her, ever. I love her. I’m in love with her.”

“W-wait. Bro, are you saying what I think you’re saying?” Frank asked.

“We’re not together. At least, not anymore.”

“So you were together?” Maxene asked him.

“Yes. She was my girlfriend when we were in the States.”

“What happened?”

            “Lies. That’s what happened.” Elmo said as he stood up and excused himself to his room.