First Date :D

“So, tayo na ba, Julie?”

“I guess…”

            Elmo gave her a weak smile. He didn’t think I guess was gonna be her answer. It was unexpected. He thought she’d be happier. More excited to finally be in a relationship with him. But it seemed that she was still battling her feelings. Elmo had it coming. He just needed to show Julie that this was the right decision. He just hopes that she’ll keep holding on.

“Baby? Do you wanna go out?” Elmo asked Julie as she was checking her e-mails. All of them were from the Philippines. Either it was from her mom, the management, the network and so much more. All of them pleading for her too return home. Elmo could see the tears forming in her eyes. But before they could drop, Julie shut down her laptop and stood up. She agreed with Elmo and went to her room.

That evening, Elmo dressed it in his favorite pair of jeans and an orange polo shirt. He used his white cap along with his white kicks. “You are lookin’ fine, Elmo… Time to make Julie’s heart melt.” He said to himself while he looked at himself in the mirror. Just then, he heard the door of Julie’s bedroom close. That meant Julie was already in the living room. He took a deep breath before exiting his room and that’s when he saw an angel. Julie was wearing a dark blue sleeveless dress. It was very simple yet elegant. Her straight hair was now in big curls and she also had light make up on. When she saw him, she smiled. He couldn’t take his eyes off her.

“Hi, Moe. It’s our first date, I thought that it should be special. Am I a bit overdressed?”

“No. I’m underdressed. Give me two minutes, I’ll put on something different.”

            Elmo ran back to his room and put on black pants instead of his jeans. He also changed his polo shirt into a white shirt but put a blazer over it. He kept his shoes though. When he went over to Julie again, it was she who was smiling. He twirled around and asked her if he looked okay.

“You look great.” She answered.

            He took her hand and they left the apartment. They took a cab and went directly to a restaurant where Elmo got reservations. The place was Italian. He heard that the food was great, so he decided to try it out. The waiter led them to a table with a rose centerpiece on it. They took their seats and the waiter gave them the menu.

“Ano gusto mo, baby?” Elmo asked as he gazed upon her beauty.

“I think pasta would be great, baby.”

“Wait. Ano? Sabihin mo nga ulit.”

“Pasta would be great?” Julie repeated.

“No, the last part.”

            Julie smiled, realizing what he meant, she smiled and said, “Baby…” He held her hand and kissed it. He had no intention of letting her go now. “Which pasta?”

“Siguro, yung Pasta Primavera nalang.” She said.

“’Yan lang ba? Ano pa? Get anything you want.”

“Appetizer nalang siguro, pwede ba ‘yung Caprese Salad?”

“Anything you want, baby.”

“Okay na ‘yan. Ikaw?” She asked.

“Mukhang masarap yung Roasted Chicken with Fennel. Appetizer? Siguro yung Double Tomato Bruschetta. People’s choice kase. Gusto mo ba ng dessert, Julie?”

“’Wag na. Ikaw nalang.”

“Ako nalang yung dessert mo?”

            Julie laughed and shook her head. “No… I meant you should get dessert if you want.” She defended. “I know. I know. I just wanted to make you smile. I’ll get the Panna Cotta.”

            The waiter arrived and took their orders. When he left, Julie noticed that Elmo was staring at her. Julie touched his hand and he snapped out of the trance he was in. “Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked him. He smiled at her and locked his hand with hers. “Because I just can’t believe that you’re finally mine.” Julie smirked. “Yours?” She asked.

“Yeah. You’re mine and I’m yours.”

“Hmm…”

“What? You disagree?”

“I don’t like being owned. Macho kaya ako. What will everyone think when they know na I’m being owned?”

“They’ll think na… Mas macho ako sa’yo!” Elmo laughed and squeezed Julie’s hand.

“Hindi ako papayag.” Julie said as she pulled her hand away.

“Baby naman… It was just a joke.”

            “Joke mo mukha mo.” Julie frowned, avoiding eye contact with him. “Napaka sensitive naman ng baby ko… Ikaw naman talaga ang macho eh. Alam mo ba kung bakit? Kasi, ako hinding hindi ko kaya mabuhay na wala ka. That makes me weak. Hindi ako macho pag wala ka… Pero ikaw, ikaw yung strength ko eh. Kaya ikaw talaga yung macho.” Elmo said as he reached out for Julie’s hand again. Julie didn’t resist his touch. She turned to him and smiled. “Alam mo? Napaka corny mo.”

“That’s why you love me!”

“Hindi kaya.”

“Hindi?”

“Mahal kita kase mahal kita. I don’t need a reason to love you because I just do.”

            The waiter arrived with their food. They ate with it while having their usual playful conversation and Elmo could feel it. Julie, his best friend, had come back and now, she was finally his girlfriend.

-------------------------------

Finally. JULIELMO as a couple.

:) Tell me what you think.

Comments are greatly appreciated. 

And please... Pretty please... Be my fan. :)