Chapter 5

The hand that wrapped around mine was warm to the touch, but it wasn't sticky like I had expected that giant's hands to be. It also wasn't dainty like that woman's hands seemed to be either. Due to my hesitation, I let the person drag me out of the food court and close to a store's window. It was then my vision cleared a bit that I could look around, finding that people would be able to see if there was trouble happening if anything were to happen again.

When I looked up, I could finally sigh in relief as a boy my age with glowing orange eyes stood in front of me. My eyes widened as I recognized him, even if he was wearing something completely different from the last time I had seen him. He wore a loose, yellow sweatshirt that hung over a form fitting orange shirt that made him look more like a twig. Besides his clothing, this guy was no longer smiling like he usually was.

"What the hell is going on?"the boy asked. "I saw you shift and run away as if you were in trouble."

If I wasn't shaking bad enough from fear of those people coming back or from just witnessing everything that I had already, the boy placed both his hands on my shoulders. His head tilted down to look into my eyes, but I quickly turned to look at his hands.

He was touching me again. Why was he always touching me? Not even Ollie uses this much physical touch.

Then a horrifying thought crossed my mind. That woman with the pink hair...all she had to do was kiss someone, and they were out for the count. My body froze, afraid of what could happen.

I've always known there were dangerous Quirks out there, but never one that dangerous. All some people had to do was touch you or get you to say something, and you'd be completely under their spell. A kiss, a kiss? That was a form of touch I'd never imagine being used against you.

"Tami, I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong," the boy in front of me said.

I snapped my head back to him, realizing I was pulling away from him and looking away. The boy looked concerned as his orange eyes bore into mine. His eyebrows knitted together while his mouth curving into a slight frown.

My mouth opened to say something, but nothing came out as I saw a woman with pink hair passing behind him. Not far away from her was the giant-sized man turning his head to look for someone. Whether it be their next victim or me, I didn't want to find out. I looked down, realizing I still looked like Sakura, but I worried they saw me shift. Even if they didn't, it didn't matter as I was afraid they would take one look me, and my disguise would fade away.

Without warning the guy, I pulled him closer to me, wrapping my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder. The guy didn't miss a beat as he wrapped an arm around my head and another around my waist. My body shook as we stood in that hug, but I constantly reminded myself of the alternative.

"Someone's after me," I whispered. "A-a woman with pa-pink hair an-and a man wh-who can shoot p-p-parts of his arms off."

The orange haired boy stiffened at that. "What?"

He tried pushing away, but I just pulled him closer, trying to stay hidden as long as I could.

"They're here," I whispered. "I-I-I-"

"Tami, what did they do?" the boy asked.

"A ma-man," I told him, my voice still shaking. "He, well, she k-k-k-kissed him and then the-the man just fa-fa-fainted. She was g-g-g-g-going...I was g-g-g-going to—"

My words could never come out as I saw her face flash before my eyes. I swore I heard her giggling as if she was right next to me, and hearing that, I tried to push myself out of his grasp.