Chapter 8

We had to take another exam. After learning about it, I was distracted during all of my morning classes, the classes I wanted to learn from.

Funny, you'd think going to a school for heroes would only teach you hero things, but that wasn't the case. We still had to learn other valuable subjects: math, history, science, anything you'd think of when it came to school. Those were in the mornings, to ensure that students wouldn't skip out on them. It was made clear that if we missed one subject during the first half of the day, we wouldn't be able to participate in the afternoon classes, which were all dedicated to becoming a hero.

Lunch was the same way, that is when it came to being distracted about that exam. I sat next to Sakura, who invited both Raiden Yamamoto and Kaito Oba to sit with us. They talked, argued, teased, and gossiped all about what happened back at their old schools and about life here at U.A. Sakura kept teasing Kaito by calling him Orangie, while Kaito tried coming up with an embarrassing nickname for her. Nothing seemed to work or stick.

By the time lunch ended, we were instructed to change into training gear. It was a simple outfit, consisting of a plain white t-shirt and blue sweatpants. They obviously had put their money elsewhere as it wasn't anything spectacular. I didn't mind, but there was someone who couldn't stand it.

"You'd think after all the money they'd put in for the fancy building, the amazing food, and having heroes for teachers, they'd come up with something a bit more fashionable," Sakura complained as we walked out of the locker room together, heading over to where the training grounds were.

I nodded my head in agreement, knowing there was no pleasing Sakura. Honestly, I thought she pulled it off. Somehow, her sweatpants weren't as baggy as others were, and her shirt clung to her sides, showing off her figure. Yes, everything was covered with a round neckline that ran around the collar bone, but it still looked good on her. Usually when Sakura wore white, it would wash her out, or so she claimed.

There was just no arguing with Sakura. I learned that a long time ago. She'd find a way to be right all the time. It was nice at times, but hearing her talk about the outfits, well, I could honestly care less.

My hands tucked into the pockets of my sweatpants, feeling the soft cotton material. While Sakura was complaining how horrible they looked, I couldn't help but enjoy how soft they felt. Comfort was all I truly cared about when it came to clothing. I didn't mind wearing the school uniforms, just as long as they weren't itchy.

If only they'd ease my nerves a bit. No one seemed to have a clue as to what the exam would be, and my stomach was doing backflips the more I thought about it. It wasn't the fact of failing that worried me; it was the fact that people could figure out very easily that I didn't want to be here. I mean, I could get kicked out which would be great, but to have my family hear about that, or to have Sakura have to witness it when she had high hopes of us working together, I wasn't looking forward to it.

Somehow I'd get out of being a hero, but I'd like to at least look like I tried. Even if it was just a little bit.

"Tami! Aren't you excited for this? We're going to be taking our first exam, the first exam in the entire history of this school!"

I snapped my head away from Sakura to see Daigo walking beside me as he stretched his arms behind him. He looked pretty relaxed as he let his ears flop down to the sides of his head.

While I didn't answer, I felt Sakura slap her hand on my back. "Hell yeah she is! Watch out, Daigo, cause Tami-tan and I are going to claim those top spots."

Daigo looked at me as his hands dropped to his side. As he did, I looked down at the floor. I bit my lip as I wasn't sure what to say, or if I could even say anything.