Stiched in Skin

"Happy early birthday Louis." I don't think I could ever get bored of looking at Louis. It was the morning of the 23rd and after I finished my shift I was jumping on a five-thirty train to Bristol. I had booked a returning ride six am on boxing day, not wanting to extend my trip any longer than needed. Knowing positively that I would be missing Louis' birthday, I had stopped at a local bakery three blocks south of work and picked up the tastiest looking cupcake. They didn't have candles for purchase and not having time to go find one, I crafted up a make-shift candle with printer paper and sharpies. I silently crept up behind him as he doodled into his sketchbook. When he heard me, he jumped a bit swinging his head around to look at me. With one look at the cupcake, the DIY candle, and the toothy grin I had plastered on my face. He threw his head back and let out a roar of a laugh.

"Darling, what am I going to do with you? Thank you." He brought his finger up, swiping a lump of frosting off the cake. He brought his finger into his mouth, his tongue swirling around cleaning every last drop of the yellow icing. I snapped my mouth shut, not realizing it had dropped. Thankfully, I didn't drool on his pastry.

"No worries; sorry it isn't much I didn't know what to get you."

"This is perfect, thank you, Wendy."

I set the cupcake on the foundation in front of him before turning to go back to work.

"Actually, I know something you can give me." I didn't turn around, not wanting him to see how red my ears had become within an instant. Turning back around I prepared myself for the worst.

__________________________________________________________________________

Are you crazy?" My eyes widen at his preposterous suggestion.

"No, quite the opposite." He was leaned back in his chair, enjoying me absolutely losing myself in front of him. I pulled up a chair in front of him, adjusting it so our knees were centimeters apart. I wanted to be front and center to ensure he knew what he was proposing to me. I leaned in a bit, making sure his eyes were connected with mine.

"You want me to tattoo you? Me, the girl who has only tattooed citrus before." I pointed dramatically to my chest, his eyes flickering for a second to where I was pointing. I dropped my hands aware of the attention I just caused my breasts.

"Yes, it'll be your birthday present to me. Unless you can think of something else." He inquired, his sapphire eyes scanning down to my chest again."What do you even want?" I said, playing with the idea.

"Surprise me."

"Oh no! I can't Louis, I'm sorry but that's too much pressure."

"No it isn't, I probably have a hundred tattoos. If this one sucks, oh well. C'mon darling it'll be the best gift you can give a man....with clothes on at least." I let out an uncomfortable giggle like a school-girl.

I never realized how much tattoos Louis must-have. Without having the pleasure of seeing him shirtless, and us only knowing each other during colder months I had yet to see his exposed legs. His arms were coated though, making him all the more alluring. I could only imagine how many trailed down. He was right though; my tattoo would get lost in the sea of pink.