Three

Olivia waited outside of the ice rink on Friday. She was just about to head inside so she didn't miss Adalee's game when Trevor called her name. He was alone, and he was bundled up.

"Where's Ember?" Olivia questioned, as Trevor ran up to her and leaned down and kissed her cheek.

"She is grounded. Her Aunt is chilling with her and she's going to be sleeping over with her tonight. So I'm all yours." Trevor smiled. Olivia nodded before smiling.

"Okay, uh, let's go in then. The game starts soon, and I'm assuming you'll want to get something to eat?"

"You know me too well already." Trevor smiled before opened the door for Olivia.

|*|

They all cheered Adalee on during her game. She was killing it out on the ice, and Olivia couldn't be prouder. She was thankful that she took after her father and liked sports. Olivia wanted her daughter to be as connected to her father as possible, especially after losing him at such a young age.

"Adalee is a beast." Trevor smiled after the game. He and Olivia were holding hands as they walked down the steps and towards where Ainsley and Serena were waiting for Adalee to get changed.

"She is very rough. I never did expect her to be like this, but I'm really sure that she is pretty much her father." Olivia laughed softly. She and Trevor stopped at the bottom of the stairs and they smiled at each other. Olivia looked up at him and he looked down at her as they both examined each other's lips. Olivia hadn't felt like this in so long. She didn't know why she was opening her heart to a man she hadn't known for more than a week.

"Can I kiss you, Olivia? I just want to kiss you real quick before I lose my nerve." Trevor spoke. Olivia laughed softly before pulling him down to her height. She kissed his lips deeply for a long moment before pulling back and resting her forehead against his.

"This isn't turtle pace, but I'm enjoying where it's going." Olivia breathed, and Trevor nodded in agreement.

"Me too... I'm still scared that I'll forget my wife." Trevor whispered.

"I'm scared that I'll forget Elliot... but we have so many good memories with them and we have and will always love them. Maybe this is our time to start moving forward. To do something for ourselves instead of everything else." Olivia spoke.

Trevor nodded before kissing Olivia again. He resting his hands on her lower back as Olivia snaked her arms around his neck. There were sparks, and it was undeniable. Olivia would always remember what it felt like to kiss Elliot for the first time, but she'd never be able to forget how it felt to kiss Trevor. And she'd never be able to forget wanting to kiss him forever.

|*|

After the girls went to bed that night, Serena sat down with her daughter as they went over the plan for tomorrow. Olivia had to work, and Serena was going to entertain the girls for the day.

"So, I have a question," Serena spoke, as she took the coupons from her daughter for miniature golf.

"And what is that question?"

"Did I really see you and Trevor kiss and hold hands?" Serena asked, and Olivia's face went red.

"You saw that?" She asked, and Serena smiled.

"I'm glad that I did. I know now that you haven't given up completely on love. And finding love. Trevor is a very nice man, and the girls just adore him." Serena spoke. Olivia sighed softly before nodding.

"Neither of us is ready for something incredibly serious. But I think that we both are at least ready to try and find someone to help us through hard times. Like, I took his daughter to get a training bra on Wednesday. She also has my number and she has already asked me how to shave her legs because she has no idea how too. Mom, she wouldn't even talk to me before and now she's asking for advice." Olivia spoke. Serena watched as her daughter smiled and she knew that there was truly something there. 

Not only was she falling for Trevor, but she was also developing a love for the girl that lost her mother way too young.

"Don't put up your walls, okay?" Serena spoke.

"I'll try my hardest not too. But I'm going to go to bed. I have a 12 hours shift tomorrow, and I'm not excited about it."

|*|

Olivia and Felix were called to a public pool in the middle of their shift. Olivia was worried that someone had slipped and hit their head, but Olivia ended up being more freaked out than she thought she would. She and Felix grabbed their bags before sprinting into the gated area. A large group of people was surrounding a small body laying on the cold cement. The lifeguard was attempting to do CPR, but he looked horrified.

"Alright, move over. I can take over." Olivia spoke, before quickly kneeling where the lifeguard had been, and then she looked at Ember's lifeless face and she went quickly to doing her job.

"Felix, grab my cell and call Trevor Langan. This is his daughter. Tell him to meet us at the hospital. Once I get her heart beating again, we will be taking her to the hospital." Olivia spoke as she fought off tears. She continued to do compressions until Ember started to shake a bit.

"Ember, c'mon, honey. Breath. You need to spit up this water." Olivia encouraged as she continued the compressions. Ember kept shaking before finally spitting up water. Olivia rolled Ember over onto her side before rubbing her back.

"There you go, honey." Olivia cooed, as she rubbed Ember's back as she continued to cough up water and then started to get sick.

"Olivia?" Ember mumbled as she shook and looked at Olivia.

"Hey, sweetie. We are going to take you to the hospital. Your Daddy is going to meet us there. Are you okay with this?" Olivia questioned as Felix pushed the gurney onto the cement.

"Stay with me." She sobbed.

"I won't leave you, Ember. I promise. Let me just move you to the gurney and I'll ride in back with you."

Hey guys, thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below. :D