Chapter 1. Resisting

(A/N: Welcome to this Hermitcraft fanfiction book! This is not a shipping book, sorry to disappoint.

This was published in Dec. 2019 and I didn't know how to write [honestly still don't]. This story admittedly has more plot holes and grammar problems than I had intended. There is a rewrite of how I wanted it to truly turn out, but it's in the processes of being written.

Also, what the heck, past Quill, what made you think it was a good idea to write in first person? This is so much harder to edit and make it sound good... *cries* All jokes aside, I know that I can add details and make it so much better, but I'm still going to try to keep the same... vibe? I'll try to keep it the same style I did when I was writing this.

Please, sit back, relax, and enjoy my first official book of Hermitcraft Fanfiction. <3)

Warning for most of the book: Most of this was written at midnight, so I wasn't sane. Excuse the weird and possibly quite immature jokes. Not sure why I put those in there, I 'll take them out when I edit.

POV: Grian
Location: Watcher's Lair

I cursed every single one Watcher in existence. I despised all of them with every fiber of my body.

Not everyday you find yourself on your knees, begging for mercy at the feet of their leader. His followers held sharpened swords against my neck, daring me to move just so they had a pitiful excuse kill me.

Hidden in basically space around ten thousand blocks above build height was this lair I had gotten myself trapped in. Not a single one of my admin acquaintances could get to me here. I was by myself, alone in unfamiliar territory. It was up to me to escape or not.

Looking up, I glared daggers at the Head Watcher whose eyes glowed with a purple flame. He evilly grinned down at me, casually sharpening his nails with a dagger.

"I could give you power equivalent to the Prime Admins, Grian. All you have to say is yes," he sung, leaning closer to me. For a split second, I paused, almost letting a chuckle pass my lips. If only he knew.

Instead, I leaned back, sneering as a sword poked my back. The Watcher's lips curved into a deep scowl, eyes narrowing.

"I'm not saying what you want me to say, Watcher," I spit back. A quick poke with a sword caused drop of blood rolled down my neck, absorbing into my sweater. The Head Watcher pulled back, folding his hands behind him. He tilted his head, arching an eyebrow.

"You're the first to not take the offer," he commented absentmindedly. Rolling my eyes, I clenched my fists tight. As if that's the truth. "They never last. They eventually give in. They don't usually know what they could do with this power... And neither do you," he trailed off, the pitch of his voice going higher. He turned his back to me, picking at his nails.

"You can't convince me to join you. It's not going to happen," I snarled. "Unlike you, I'm not power-hungry and don't feel like taking over the world-"

"We have powers regular players can't even imagine," the Head Watcher continued without acknowledging my comments. I shrugged and rolled my eyes.

"Frankly, I don't care-" The Head Watcher whipped around and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. I tried to pull away, but his grip was vice-like.

 He glared into my eyes before hissing, "You're too valuable to not join us." I made direct eye contact with him, staring him dead in those unnatural purple eyes. After a few moments, he let go of my chin, smirking with satisfaction.

"Leave me alone, Watcher," I grounded out though clenched teeth like a curse word, "I'm not interested in your propaganda."

"You're lucky you even get the chance to get this offer," he said. I stumbled forward, right into the Head Watcher's arms. His hands burned with pure magic, an evil energy that needs to stay away from me at all costs. I try to pull back, but couldn't. He grabbed me by my shoulders, pulling and holding me up. That energy from his hands were so powerful, any normal player would instantly die from it.

Well, I'm not a normal player. Shame on him for not knowing that.

A scream ripped from my throat as that magic burned my shoulders. My blood soaked through my red sweater, at first not obvious. It rolled down my arm, eventually dripping from the fabric near the elbow to the floor.

"Don't you feel it the magic? You're surviving it, which is no easy feat. Join us, Grian." The Head Watcher gave a laugh, a bone-chilling laugh that would've been heard around the world if we were on land.

When I didn't respond, he slapped me across the face, giving me an instant headache and a red mark on my cheek. I'd be surprised if the headache didn't turn into a migraine and the mark into a bruise later. He dropped me and I fell to the ground with a pained groan. I clutched my head, hoping it would go away.

"You don't have any power down on Minecraft. What's there to give up?"

"We're still in Minecraft," I corrected him. He sneered, waiting for the answer he expected. I slowly and silently stand up, to his surprise. He seemed impressed, or maybe that was a bit of fear in his purple eyes?

It didn't matter, I lifted my hand up. A golden hue surrounded him, throwing him away from me. The Watcher grunted as he hit the floor, sliding a few blocks form the force I had used. I pushed myself to the entrance of this purple and black hell, dodging the weapons and magic that came my way.

"What? Impossible!" Head Watcher snarled as he got his bearings together, blasting a beam of purple at me. I conjured a golden force-field, holding it there and grinning with victory. Then I remembered that my shoulders were burned with that evil energy and grimaced in pain.

"Only Notch, Herobrine, or Prime Admins can use magic in this area!" he yelled. More of his men tried to stop me, but ended up getting an obsidian and diamond sword to their face. I quickly sheathed the weapon and blasted the huge door open, peering down.  Nothing except clouds could be seen from here.

"That's correct... can I call you Kyle?" A smirk tugged at my lips as he turned beet red.

"Do not call me tha- are you a Prime Admin?" he screeched at the end. I grinned ear to ear, putting my hand up to my forehead and saluting him.

"Sayonara, Kyle!" I yelled, as I let myself freefall down to the Earth with second degree burns from evil magic.

(1218 words)

(Edited and proofread on June 10th, 2020)
(oh my goodness this is bad. this pained me to edit. i... i knew i was bad at writing, but i didnt know i was that bad...)
(i tried to keep as much as i could and if i added something, i tried to do it the same way i would have if it was Dec 1. 2019)