Chapter 23. Epilogue

POV: Third Person

Those last couple months were definitely something to remember. No one who fought in those battles would be the same.

Very few admins had a perma-death. On the other hand, many, almost all the Watchers, had perma-deaths. It was a very sad day indeed.

Most were scared permanently. Whether it was physically, mentally, or emotionally, they were changed.

Xisuma would always dearly miss his twin brother. Most of the high ranked admins and all the Hermits attended the funeral. They saw exactly what had happened and called Xanthus a hero for what he had done. Without him sacrificing his life for his brother's life, they wouldn't have won the battle.

Grian missed the times where it was all so simple. No fights, no arguments, no need to mourn. But he knows that everyone eventually has to go. He enjoys every single moment he has with his fellow Hermits. He's able to act like himself all the time, no need to hide anything anymore.

With many admins and their help, The Admin HeadQuarters was taken down and repaired. It was even more grand, even greater than it was before. However, the courtyard, server hub, and main door/gate stayed so everyone could remember what happened in that frightful time period.

Hermitcraft, InvadedLands, and the Evolution server was finally repaired and in a better condition than it was before. The smaller servers that were destroyed were put back up, making several people happy. Every player was sent back into their servers as if nothing happened. However, they did remember these scary times, and remembered how the admins took care of it. They show more appreciation and respect the admins more, much to the admins relief.

-=-=-A year later-=-=-

Xisuma grinned, looking through his silver-tinted visor. He was standing on a building that had a nice view of the Shopping District. It was where the battle in Hermitcraft took place. He thought of all the successes over the past year. Since they were still in Season 6, they had to repair part of the server. Sure, it took time, but it still looked better than ever.

He now only has one more test to pass until he reaches his goal, Prime Admin. Through all the difficult events that have happened, he pushed through them all. Though it was difficult to, he's moved on from his brother's death. He knew that his brother was probably looking down on them, happy his sacrifice wasn't in vain.

He fingered the necklace that hung around his neck, often hidden under his armor. The charm that was on it was a simple circle that had a red gemstone. His brother's name was engraved in gold lettering. He always thought of him, everyday. Xanthus had a matching necklace. It was the same, except it had Xisuma's name on it with a green gemstone. They buried Xanthus with the necklace on. It was only the right thing to do.

Xisuma's smile slowly faded as he thought of his brother. He sighed a heavy sigh, turning to see Grian standing behind him.

Grian crossed his golden-streaked arm, faintly smiling. The scar across his face was visible, not healing from that state. It would never, he was told. It was a permanent reminder of the events that happened. He could only see clearly out of his right eye, and his left side was blurry. He got used to it eventually, but the blurry side caused him to be slightly more clumsy.

The streaks have spread to his arms over the past year, and you could see them without the usage of energy. It signified that he had gotten more powerful, and has improved over the time that has passed. He had a sad look in his eyes, but over all looked enlightened that he survived that encounter with the Head Watcher.

His eyes always had a wiser look in them, and his voice was always optimistic. Though the events he's been through affected him, he would never let anything break him.

"Come on, Xisuma. Libra wants us at the dining hall." Grian and Xisuma walked with each other to the admin portal, transporting to the Admin HeadQuarters.

-=-=-=-

"So, it's been a year since the Duel of the Leaders." Libra announced. Everyone nodded, remembering that fateful day where their side won the clashing of the two forces, coming out on top of the other side. They've deemed it the Duel of the Leaders, as it was a fitting name.

Some people were grinning in victory. Others were sad, remembering the deaths and loss that came from that fight. It was a room full of people who all had different and mixed emotions and thoughts.

"Duel of the Leaders? More like 'dropping a chandelier on Head Watcher'." Grian snorted. Everyone who was at the fight smirked or snickered. They knew that it was a partly thought out plan that Grian and Xisuma made up on the spot.

"We thought we would celebrate it with a formal dinner/feast because of the accomplishment that took place exactly one year ago." Libra continued, smiling.

All of the people present at the celebration laughed, ate, talked, and had a great time. Nothing went wrong, and everything turned out how they expected: everyone coming closer together during a celebration of a sad time.

However, no admins noticed the silhouetted figure who was smirking and watching them with their pair of white glowing eyes.

(883 words)

(Thank you so much for reading this story! To those who have been here since the beginning, those who threaten to kill me if I leave a cliffhanger, those who comment and let me interact with them... all of you. Yes, including you. I wouldn't have finished this because I'm sure I wouldn't have the inspiration, the determination, the will power to complete it.

Thank you for letting me basically break you on Chapter 20, I'm sorry about that. Let me tell you, it hurt writing that chapter.

If you want to use anything in this story, please ask to use the specific detail, credit, and ping me. Don't say I copied you, please. Thank you.

Thank you so much cookies506 for letting me use your prompt as a one-shot. If you didn't suggest it on the server, this book wouldn't have happened.

I'm not sure if I want to make a second part or not.

So thank you so much for actually reading this and supporting me all the way through.

And with that, this story shall come to a close on a happy note.)

(according to google docs, this entire story has 34266 words)

(Edited: 01-01-2020)