Chapter 15. Control

(guys im so stupid. earlier i mentioned that grian had gold markings/streaks on his body, and would go to his arms when he used his 'magic'. Here so let me explain: grian has to be using his powers to its full extent, like, to the point where it might burn him up. there, it works with the story now bye!)
(oh yeah, we hit 1k earlier. Thank you for reading this story! Idk if i mentioned earlier, so...)

POV: Grian
Location: Watcher's Lair

At this point, I'd estimate I have one more hour left to go until I die from lack of magic use. I was in a bad shape now. My breathing was shallow, and my heart beated weakly. I couldn't move a muscle at all, so I just laid on the floor. My eyelids were fluttering, trying to stay open. I was on my left side with my arms out in front of me. My wings were limp on the floor, becoming colder as the minutes pass.

Xisuma was still unconscious. He woke up a few times, but was only for a couple minutes. Sometimes, he would fall asleep while he was saying something. He usually doesn't remember the last time he woke up, so I couldn't ask him about what he was saying.

I softly breathed out, closing my eyes in exhaustion.

The door to the cell opened. I didn't move because I couldn't. Someone grabbed me again, pulling me up. I didn't fight or protest because I didn't have enough energy to do so. I let them pull me by the black shirt Mumbo gave me. I sliced holes in the back earlier so my wings could come out and move around. They dragged on the floor, ripping and dirtying.

They dragged me towards the main room again. The only difference from before was that Xisuma wasn't with me. I was all alone.

Once we were in the main room, they threw me to the ground, uncaring if I was hurt. I fell to the ground with a crash. I stayed there, not moving. The magic dampening ropes were removed from my wrists. There were angry red marks around them, slowly bleeding and bruising from being so tight.

My body glowed with the energy that was left in me. It quickly built itself back up, but not quick enough. The Head Watcher was already standing over me. I tried to stand up, but he put his jet black boot on my neck, suffocating me. He was crushing my wings too. I tried to push it off, but to no avail. He smirked. I kept trying to push him off, but he just put more of his weight on me. I then made a stupid mistake.

I accidently looked him straight in the eye.

I froze as I felt the Head Watcher in my mind again. I tried my best to expel from from my mind. We both fought for control, making my body twitch every other second. Since I didn't have full energy, he had the upper hand. I rolled to the side, getting pinned down by the Head Watcher and other Watchers. They held my legs and arms down, not allowing me to move. The Head Watcher locked me in the back of my mind, a dark area that I never visit because it's where I keep my unhappy memories. I felt my face relax, and stared at the ceiling with my eyes glazed.

Last time the Watcher didn't take 'full' control, as he was just flaunting his powers. I would describe 'full control' as having an alt account. You can control both at the same time while having your consciousness in one body. The person who's being controlled can't do anything accept watch what they're doing. If the victim is strong enough, they maybe could gain control for a couple moments, and full control after defeating the controller. RIght now, I couldn't do anything since I was drained from all magic. This was probably their plan all along.

I could only spectate as I stood up against my will. My wings fell to the floor limply. I looked at the Head Watcher, who was slightly sweating and taking a couple deep breaths. He still grinned, knowing he was the final victor. He stood in front of me, looking at me with arrogance.