Basketball Game

A/N: Ok this chapter has a lot of Basketball references, but hopefully if you know nothing about the sport you will have some idea what's going on...hopefully...

Anyway Enjoy.

-Jon-

Friday morning he woke with a small smile, rolling over in his bed he grabbed his phone off charge and opened it.

He checked his messages that Ygritte had sent him, answering the question he had asked with a yes. Saying she was free tonight and that she would love to come and watch his basketball game.

He rose from bed with a smile after responding that he couldn't wait to see her. A part of him felt lost, Ygritte was nice, she really was, but Jon knew deep down she wasn't who he really wanted...However he locked that feeling away deep down in his heart.

He got ready for the day and ate his breakfast while going through his schedule for the next week. He had an interview about his first still unreleased album on Monday, which he was extremely excited for.

Nothing had happened with Ygritte yet, tonight was their first kinda 'date' or whatever. After their surprise meeting, Jon had bought her a new coffee and they had sat in the park for a few hours, but that was it. Plus a few phone calls and text conversations.

The day flew by and soon he was in the locker rooms warming up for his game, his other teammates around him. The team he played for was the Nightswatch and tonight they were versing their rivals, the Wildlings.

Jon was starting point guard and captain of the team. He averaged 26.7 points, 5.3 rebounds and 7.8 assists. He loved basketball as much if not more then fencing and if he really wanted he could get a scholarship for basically any collage he wanted, but he only played for fun.

The stadium erupted as they ran out onto their home court, the stands were full and Jon looked around for Ygritte, unable to find her he turned his attention back to warming up, figuring she would turn up in the next five minutes.

When the siren sounded for the game to begin, Coach Tywin called the starters in for a huddle. Tywin was not the nicest coach but he was extremely smart, knew exactly what plays to run in what moments. 

After the huddle they jogged back out and shook the others team's hand. Before the ref commenced by starting jumpball, Jon looked to the stands and smiled in relief when he saw Ygritte smiling at him.

She gave a small wave and something in him snapped, he was suddenly overcome with flashes of the past, when Daenerys sat in the stands, cheering for him while he fenced in Chicago.

Jon was broken free of his trance when the ball was tapped directly into his stomach, luckily he managed to recover and with a deep breath dribbled up the court.

By halftime they were down by 17, Jon was playing one of the worst game's of his career, his mind just wasn't in it...and neither was his heart.

Jon was benched for the start of third quarter, he only had 5 points, 1 rebound and 3 assists, shooting a horrid 2/14 field goal.

He glanced up at Ygritte as he wiped his face clean of sweat using his towel, only to find she was on her phone, laughing at something on the screen. If Jon had to guess she wasn't very interested in Basketball and she only came for him, only for him to play like shit. 

But the longer he looked at her, the more he came to realize she probably hadn't even been watching him, she hadn't looked up from her phone once in six minutes.

Jon huffed in annoyance and threw his towel on the ground. They were now down by 23 with four minutes left in the third.

"Put me on coach." Jon more demanded then asked.