(Butterfly)

Dinner was very satisfying. I never expected rabbit blood to taste that good. But I do feel bad about killing the poor thing.

Either way, I've made it back with five minutes to spare. I'll change my clothes and brush out my hair now that I've turned the shower off.

For comfort, I put on black jeans with light rips, and a grey tee-shirt. My combat boots will still do, so I slip them back on.

My arms feel bare, my pale skin incredibly obvious. I need something to cover them. After looking for a while, I find a nice grey hoodie with long sleeves.

But as I'm about to leave, I catch sight of my neck in the mirror. It draws me in, eyes wide as I stare.

Just under my chin, raised and rough, is the scar from Jane's bite. My fingers ghost over the top of it, feeling the indent left by each tooth.

The memory of its burn is painful. I shake my head and cast it away. Now is not the time to be dwelling on it.

But I need something to conceal it, otherwise Charlie will notice it. Luckily, I have a bandana from my boxing days that I tied around my neck.

All I have to do is tie it higher up.

Once I've done that, I spring down the stairs and hop onto the sofa, jostling both Charlie and Bella.

"Woah!" Charlie says, lifting his beer can. "Watch it."

"Sorry."

"Enjoy your shower?" Bella asks, smirking.

"Yeah, it was good. I feel much cleaner now," I say, reaching for a slice of pizza.

It's halfway to my mouth before I remember. Bella is looking at me with a raised brow. But I can't just put it back down in front of Charlie.

So I bite the bullet and sink my teeth into the slice. Hopefully my utter disgust doesn't show on my face.

My tongue curls back in response to the ash-like taste as it washes over my taste buds. My lips purse sourly in response, but I quickly cover it up and force myself to swallow it.

I can feel it reach my stomach, and it sits there uncomfortably, floating in the blood I drank earlier.

The feeling makes me want to vomit, but I push it away. Although I know I will probably be seeing the pizza again later.

"You know what...I'm going off pizza," I say, and put the rest back.

Bella laughs, while Charlie gives her a weird look. He turns to me and asks, "do you want anything else?"

"No, thanks, dad. I ate with the Cullens a while ago, so I should be fine 'till tomorrow."

We watch a film, a action film I think, for the rest of the night. Its nice, normal. For nearly two hours, I manage to forget what has happened.

But when the lights go off, and goodnights are bidden, I am left alone in my room, utterly dark but for the single stream of moonlight coming through the window.

My eyes adjust to the light, and rather swiftly I am able to see with absolute clearness, although it is still dark.

I don't quite understand how that works, but oh well, it's pretty neat.

With the realisation that I won't be able to sleep, I wander around my room wondering what to do.

The record player catches my eye, as it has four vinyls instead of one. I pick them up and look, frowning in confusion.

On top is, of course Heros. But underneath that are three others. Black Sabbath, Maddness, and Queen.

A smile slides onto my face, as the only person who could have left these specific records is Charlie. The thought warms my cold dead heart.