25

I wake up with an arm wrapped around me. Immediately, I realize it was Van and I snuggle closer to him.

He moans before slowly opening his eyes. He smiles when he sees me. "Good morning, beautiful," he whispers, his voice raspy.

"Good morning," I say. My voice sounded tired as well.

"How'd you sleep? Did you have enough room?" Van asks me. He brings his hand up to my face and brushes my hair out of the way. "Your hair is a mess, by the way," he chuckles.

"Hey," I say with a pout but then smile, knowing Van was only messing with me. "Van, I want to tell you something," I tell him in a more serious tone.

"Sure. Tell me anything," Van says. His face changes from looking happy to a more concerned look.

"Do you remember when you said that you loved me last night?" I ask quietly. "It was right when we were falling asleep."

Van nods his head. "I do," he says.

"I just wanted you to know that that was what I was going to tell you last night before I changed my mind," I admit. Van's eyes look into mine.

"You don't know how happy I am to know that you feel the same way, babe," he says. "I'm glad you told me that because I'd go crazy without knowing how you felt." He sits up in my bed, taking the covers with him.

I smile at his response. "That's sweet and all, but I'm cold now," I say. I sit up as well and pull the blanket down on me.

"Well, maybe you should put some clothes on," he says. "Not that I'm complaining or anything. Believe me I'm not." His hand touches my upper thigh underneath the covers.

"I'll go get dressed," I say. "And you're going to have to keep it together until next time Anna crashes at your place and you have to come sleep here." I place my hand on top of his which was still on my thigh before
getting out of bed.

"We should work on that song today, you know," Van changes the subject. I here him lie down on the bed and look over at him. The blankets were covering only the middle portion of his body.

"Yeah, you're right. I have English at 11:00, though. So it will have to be after that," I say. I grab a green shirt, black jeans, and some underwear from my closet and start to get changed.

Once I'm ready, I turn around toward Van and notice he's watching me. I immediately blush and look away. Van still have me butterflies sometimes, I won't lie.

"I have English too. Do you have Wade?" He ask.

When I feel that the redness in my face has subdued, I look back at Van. "Yeah! You never told me we were in the same class," I say, excitement in my voice. I walk back over to Van and sit down on the edge of the bed. 

"Well, you never asked,"  he says with a smile.

"Fair enough," I shrug my shoulders.

Van pulls me down to the bed with him and my head rests on his chest. "I'd much rather stay here with you than go to English," he hums while planting kisses on the top of my head.

"Me too," I say. "But we can't ditch the first day." I twirl a strand of hair around my fingers and gaze at the ceiling.

"Says who?" Van asks. I can't tell he has a smile on his face.

I flip over so I can see Van and put my hand on his are chest. "Says me," I say and kiss his lips.

"Oh, well, of course. Anything for my princess," he says and stands up, holding me to make sure I don't fall.

He grabs his clothes from last night and starts to put them on. I sit on the edge of the bed and wait for him. I'm surprised Bondy and Anna haven't come over yet. To be honest, I'm quite glad. I don't think they would have wanted to see Van and I in bed together.

"Ready, my love?" Van asks as he ties up the lace on his boot.

"Mhm," I say.

I stand up and we walk outside of the dorm together. I grab my backpack on the way out. "Do you need to grab your backpack?" I ask Van.

"Nah. I'll figure something out. Just steal some of your paper," he says, nudging my shoulder.

"That's what you think," I sass back. "Paper is expensive."

"Okay, okay," he chuckles. "Then I'll copy your notes later," he replies.

"Only if you take me to the diner so I can get a bagel before class," I say and we approach the diner. It didn't look too crowded. Probably because it was 10:50.

"Deal," he says and makes a sharp turn toward the diner. I hold the door open for Van and he walks through. "That's my job, you know?" He says, turning back to look at me.

"Not anymore," I smile.

"You're crazy, you know," Van slings his arm around me. "I hope you know that."

I nod my head. "Believe me, I know," I say.

"And you also know that that's why I love you so much, right?" He says, quieter, into my ear.

I look at him and nod my head. "Not as much as I love you," I say back.

"I wouldn't bet my money on that," he says back.