10

4:45 rolls around and Anna comes out of the bathroom. "Hey! Get ready. We're leaving in 15 minutes," she says.

I groan and close the lid of my laptop. "You're really dragging me to this, aren't you?" I say with a chuckle. "Don't you think you'd have more fun if I wasn't around. You wouldn't have to worry about me enjoying myself. I'm perfectly fine staying home," I explain, hoping to convince her to not make me go.

"No," she says and walks over to me grabbing my arm. "Come on, go put on a dress." I stand up from my bed.

"I don't even have a dress," I say, giving her just another reason to let me stay.

"I swear you're insane," she accusingly points her finger at me before walking over to her closet. "You can wear one of mine." I watch as she digs through her closet, looking for a dress for me to wear. It helped that we were both about the same size.

"Wow, you're persistent," I say.

"I know. Now, come here. I wanna see how this looks on you," she says, holding up a short, black dress. I walk over to her closet doors and she holds it up to my body.

"So?" I ask after she ponders the idea of me in the dress for a while.

"It would be perfect for you," she squeals. I don't know where she's gets this energy from. "Go get changed and then we'll do your hair and makeup quickly. We might be fashionably late, but beauty comes first."

I take the dress from her hand and walk into the bathroom.

Once I'm dressed, I look in the full body mirror and smile a little

Once I'm dressed, I look in the full body mirror and smile a little. I didn't look half bad. My blonde hair was a little messy from not doing anything with it all day, but I got passed that. Dresses were never something I wore back home. In fact, I can't remember the last time I wore a dress. When I was younger, my mom told me that when she forced me to wear a dress to my aunts wedding, I started crying so much that she eventually gave in and let me wear pants and a nice top. I don't know what I had against them, though.

I walk out and Anna turns around. "Oh my god, you are so keeping that dress. You look a thousand times better in it than I ever did," she says.

"Shut up, that's not true. And I'm not keeping your dress. It looks expensive, anyway," I say. Anna was most definitely jus staying that to make me feel better. She was absolutely gorgeous.

"You shut up," she says.

"Nice comeback," I laugh at her.

"I said, shut up," she laughs back. "Now, sit down. I need to do your makeup."

I sit down at her desk, which was basically a makeup and hair studio. The whole left side of her desk was filled with eyeshadows and mascaras and other makeup items that I couldn't even begin to name. The right side had hair dryers and curlers and random hair products. Don't ask me where she is going to do her homework.

"Not too much makeup. It's not really my thing," I tell her as she begins to open a tube of concealer.

"I figured. I'll keep it light, I promise," she says. The most I ever do makeup wise is concealer under my eyes and any blemishes, my eyebrows, and mascara if I'm really feeling it.

Anna finishes my makeup in about five minutes, which is a lot faster than I expected

Anna finishes my makeup in about five minutes, which is a lot faster than I expected. She then grabs a comb and combs through my hair. "Your hair is basically perfect. It's just really tangled," she says. "And all I did for your makeup was concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, and eyebrows."

She turned me around in her swivel chair so I could see myself in the mirror she had in the center of her desk. "Ta-da!" She enthusiastically says.

"Oh my god! Anna, thank you! I love it," I say. "You're hella talented if you can make me look good," I laugh. Maybe I should start putting a little more effort into how I look. I would need to learn a lot from Anna, though.

"You're welcome, girlie. And it wasn't hard with your natural beauty," she says. "Let's go!" She says. "It's already 5:08."

"Okay," I say. I grab my black high-top vans from the side of my bed and slide them on. All of the sudden, I was feeling more inclined to go to this party. It was probably because I actually felt good with how I looked.

"You're the only person I know who would wear vans to a formal party," she smiles at me.

"Hey, at least I'm wearing a dress," I defend myself. "Plus, it's a college party. How formal can it really be?"

"You got a point. I'll let it slide this time," she tells me while pointing her finger at me.

"Got it, Mom," I say and follow her to the door. She rolls her eyes and we begin walking to the dorm building across from ours.

The sound of music could be probably be heard all over campus. It was even noticeable inside our dorm room. "Here we are," Anna says, holding her hands out as if she was displaying the party to me on a silver platter. "Oh! And there Bondy and Van."

I look over at Anna. "You go talk to Bondy, I don't want to see Van right now," I tell her. My eyes drift over to Bondy and Van and I notice Van looking over at us. He moves his head away right when we make eye contact.

"Oh, come on," Anna begs. "I know you want to see Van. You were just looking their way." She looks at me with pleading eyes and I purse my lips. Am I really going to try to talk with Van again? After all the mistakes out interactions lead to?

No. Definitely not. But that doesn't mean I can't go hang out with Anna and Bondy and the other lads over there.

"Alright, lets go," I say, giving in to Anna's request.

(A/N: Should I continue this story? I have a few ideas for it, but I feel like no one likes this plot since no one is commenting. Let me know what you think, please! And thanks for reading!)