Ways of the Heart Fili x Reader

Pairing: Fili x Reader

Warnings: Angst. It gets a little graphic in the end so please be warned that there is mentions of blood.

Song: Wicked Game- Ursine Vulpine.

AN: I hope that you all enjoyed this!

It was foolish. Really, it was. It was foolish of me to love as much as I had. To have cared so deeply that I couldn't hope to draw my next breath unless he took his. I got cought into a tangle of blue eyes and gentle caresses. I was shackled by a soft heart an steady hands.

He stirred up a feeling I thought to be long lost.

My heart would flutter anytime I would lay eyes on him. A soft smile would spring to my face when we spoke.

Oh I swear to all the Gods above that I loved this man.

I hadn't meant to and I really shouldn't have. But calm talks during the day became whispers in the night. Simple touches became soft caresses. A hand upon my face. The small of my back. I would have given him all of me if it meant we would forever be together.

My head was plagued with feelings I have yet to name and it terrified me. I let worry eat away at me. Let my mind turn to if only and what ifs.

What if they don't except me?

What if this is all a game to him?

If only I had tried harder.

If only I hadn't let my fears rule my heart.

It was a wicked thing to do. To let myself dream of what could be. I didn't want to fall in love but he had stolen my heart an ran away with it.

Everything that we had done everything that would be had led us to this moment. A piece of time I would gladly give up if it meant that he would stay.

Thinking back on it. I would have put myself in his place instead.

I never understood how He could have loved me. How he could see the good in a broken soul.

Fili was a class all his own. Sure he was a prince but it wasn't something he wished to flaunt around. It was the very last thing he told me about himself.

This man. This incredible awe inspiring man chose me. He helped me piece myself back together with little thought about himself. He put his entire heart and soul into me and patiently waited for me to do the same.

And I did. Piece by piece by piece.

I was so scared of loving him that I hadn't done it enough. Hadn't allowed myself to drown and trust that he would be there to help me breathe.

Which made it all the more earth shattering when I found him all alone in the field of snow and ice.

His normally vibrant blue eyes now a full grey. His chest falling further and further down never making it more than a little ways up. Blood spilled from his mouth and nose. And upon further into inspection as well from the gaping hole in his chest.