Take me to church Part 2 Thorin x Reader

Paring: Thorin x Reader

Warning: Angst

Song: Work song- Hozier Take me to church- Hozier

Authors note: I could not figure out how to end this.

How is one supposed to explain to the one you are married to that you do not love them. Don't get him wrong he does care for her but, right now as he watches her sleep on their shared bed his heart does not flood with warmth.

Her bare skin seems to glow in the dim fire light. The silk sheet pools around her lap shifting as she pulls her leg upwards. Faint brusies litter her shoulders and neck. The wedding braids in her hair were loose and falling apart.

She never did take them down like one was supposed to after the marriage. She gathered her fame by keeping them. By bragging to all others that she was married to the king of Erebor.

Which is ironic in all honesty.

Thorin laid down and faced his back to her. His hand fiddling with the ring of another.

When he had first met his bride his was a child of 18. Her father had promised his daughter to him and his own father to her. His grandfather was slowly delving into his madness at the time and was power hungry for more land. More gold.

When they had first met he knew from the start that this arranged marriage would not work. But he did it. For his grandfather. For his own father's image of a perfect son. And for the poor girl who loved no one but herself.

She didn't love him. Oh she made that perfectly clear. She only agreed for the riches that she would receive by being married to him.

When the fire had devastated Erebor she no longer wanted anything to do with him. She locked herself away and draped herself in gold and riches.

He got to watch his people starve and she got to stuff her face every night. His had to go with out and she demanded everything. From the food from his nephews mouths and the clothes upon his pregnant sisters back.

He got rid of her then. Casted her away into the world of men. But he was not so cruel to send her away with out help. Without aid. That snake of a woman lived her days out in piece and still she came slithering back to him. Using the old laws to regain her place upon the thrown and the crown resting on her brow.

Thorin had wanted to gift that crown to another. To give y/n a gift from his own hands. It was to be the first of many and apparently it was to be the last.

The delicately made crown was to rest on her head. Those rings upon her fingers. Her place by his side.

Y/n face was the last thing he had wanted to see every night and the first one in the morning. It was her cries of passion that was to fill this chamber not another's. It was her soul that he had fallen so hard for.

Y/n stirred a fire within his chest that no other could before. The way she would gently guide his family into a place more forgiving in a world so cruel. The way her laugh would make him want to pick his harp up to show her that it was the most beautiful of sounds.

When he fell he did not just fall. He came crashing down to earth waiting for her to breath life into him.

Everyone knew it. It was Balin who had helped him pick out the gems. Dwalin who had helped him pick up his courage. And the snake who had torn his world into shreds.