A Tale of Two Worlds

Earth had changed so drastically, that it seemed like they were living in an alternate universe. Over the days, the humans, with their own eyes, watched as life emerged from where there wasn't.

New vegetation began to flourish the land. A new sort of liquid began to make its way into old lakes and streams. Life began to repeat before their eyes. Some people were amazed, some people were absolutely scared.

Amy was one of them. She didn't expect to see things like this. She always thought of this: just humans and animals ruling the world. Not ruling out that these creatures weren't animals.. its just that..

"It's weird," she told Jacob, as they watched two deer-like creatures, prancing around the tall grass, chasing one another. One of them bent down to a stream, and quenched its thirst.

Jacob watched, and he was amused. "Sure, but you gotta admit, that's hella cool." He pointed to one creature, which looked like a porcupine, with flames on its quills. It stood motionless, bathing in the sun.

Amy shrugged, she didn't reply. She was still looking at the world, the new world. She didn't want to believe this was all happening, but here it was.

Just then the howl they had heard before erupted. More howls joined, and the creatures, frightened began to disappear into the lush, dark forest behind them. Amy looked to Jacob, her eyes said it all, those are the howls we heard. She pressed her face against the glass, and watched.

The figures ran through the fields, their strong, sturdy legs supporting their weight. They sniffed the ground, their ears held back. One of them had its ears perked, and it's head held high. It looked to the direction of the stream, where a moose-like creature quickly drank.

Amy looked to Jacob, with awe in her eyes. She could tell that a fight was about to erupt, and she continued watching.

The moose quickly drank, licking the water-like source, before getting back up. It's antlers were red and hot, and it's eyes were golden. The fur looked not too thick, but light. Maybe to support the heat?

The creatures that howled, began encircling the moose creature, giving glares and snarls. The moose went a little back, alarmed and panicking. It looked to the dome, with fear in its eyes, as if to tell the people to help it.

It quickly mustered enough power to plow the beasts with its antlers. Each beast yelled, as the scorch from the antlers hit them. With some on the beasts entangled, it quickly threw its head back, making them fall forward into the streams.

The beasts began to cough, snarling. They were even more pissed. What looked like the Alpha of the pack, gave a glare to the beasts on land.

The beasts on land were scared, some of them had their tails between their legs, whimpering. But the Alpha's glare was enough to make them obey. They charged into the moose without hesitation. Some of them nipping at its legs.

The ones drenched in the streams quickly dried off, and hid in the tall grass, ready to pounce when possible.

The moose was too occupied with the other beasts, trying to fend its self. Then the other beasts quickly came in, biting the moose's legs. The crunch was loud enough, that Amy could hear it when she had her ear pressed against the dome.

Helpless, the moose quickly collapsed, with its broken leg underneath. It gave a low grunt, but it didn't give up. It tried to fend off the hungry beasts with its antlers, thrashing its head wildly.

One of the beasts crept up from behind and bit its neck. Crack. The moose's eyes drained out, all of its life quickly turned dark, and then turned to nothing. It quickly hit its head on the ground, and what looked like blood, oozed out of its neck. It was a darker colour than normal blood, Amy had observed.