A New Life

Before I begin the next chapter, want to give a huge shoutout to DestinyNdi for making this cool cover for my book...

It is super awesome and I love it. Thank you so much for your support!! She is really the best, go follow her or else.

(I might give more shoutouts btw, but right now, she's getting the spotlight on this chapter)

Now to the chapter...

"What," Noor asked. She was confused. She didn't want to believe what was happening.

"You know what dates are? Well, it's like-"

"No, I know," Noor interrupted. She sighed, "I'm sorry. But, it's quite inconvientant, at this time, isn't it?" She gave a nervous smile.

He nodded, like he understood, but it was obvious he was hurt. "Yeah, uh. Okay. Sorry." He looked down, hiding his embarrassed face, and he quickly headed out the door.

Noor, flustered, reached out her hand. "No, Cole, wait!" She felt horrible. She quickly withdrew her hand, noticing it was too late. She gave a small sigh, then turned to the rest of the crew. "You are all dismissed. Tomorrow will be a new day, I expect you all to be here. We really need to start the project."

Everyone nodded. Serena gave a dirty look. Once everyone left, Serena went up to Noor, their faces 5 centimeters apart. "You hurt him, you know that?"

"I didn't mean to," Noor said, calmly. She knew what Serena was up to, and she wasn't going to give in. "Plus, I'm gonna go talk to him. If you excuse me."

Serena caught he arm, and hissed. "You're a whore. He was my ex, and you, you.." She shook her head. "Whatever, don't you dare touch him."

Noor gave her a look. Then she murmured something, so that Serena couldn't hear. Then she said loudly. "Serena, I always knew you were trouble. Now please, I don't want to start a fight, just. Let. Me. Go." She quickly pulled her arm out wih such a force, Serena stumbled back.

"Oh God," Serena breathed.

Noor adjusted her head scarf, and headed to the door. She was in a hurry to go and find Cole. She knew she has to make it up to him, somehow.

"Some people have already started reconstructing the fallen buildings," Jared said happily to Georgia. "Amazing what people can do, isn't it?"

Georgia laughed. "Especially under your rule."

"Am I that bad?"

Georgia gave a smile, and then turned to the window. "You aren't that bad. You're just hella scary sometimes." She traced the window, then abruptly got up. "Well, we need to start working. It's already 7 pm. Some kids have fallen asleep." She pulled her hairband and out of her hair, revealing her long, silky brown hair.