Chapter 1: A Bad Start

Susie thought about the past 3-5 hours or so. She recalled walking into her classroom, eating the chalk (what even started the adventure to begin with.), Threatening Kris, walking into the closet, her first fight, first kill, and her first act, all of the key moments to her day. She walked home after her adventures, thinking about how she didn't want it to stop.

All of the memories flooded back. Lancer, Ralsei, and Kris. All of their adventures were the only thing that she could think about. Well, other than how her father might react when she got home. Like Lancer, she didn't have a mother, only a father and a terrible relationship between the two family members. She was home, or, what she called home.

It looked very run-down. broken windows, peeling paint, and basically what you would expect, but actually, quite a bit worse. No one, even Susie, should be living in a place like this. No matter, she thought. I deserve it anyways... She walked in, only to be greeted by her dad.

He was furious. She was supposed to be there hours ago! Where had she been?!?! He didn't ask just then, only gripped her shoulder, turning it into a full-on grasp of her neck after about 5 seconds. He pinned his daughter against the wall, still grabbing her throat and choking her, basically. "Where. Were. You?" She heard him ask, barely able to breathe herself. She had let the parent's actions go for long enough. She wanting it to stop, him to stop, but never told him how much she wanted it all to end. Torture. He probably wouldn't listen, anyways...

She felt close to death as it persisted for at least 1 minute longer. He wasn't going to stop, not this time. He would keep going until she answered, but she couldn't. No response would do her any good, and she could barely do anything while he grasped her. Out of fear and will, she kicked him off, detaching from the wall she was posted against. She hurt her dad, not stopping until he was well unconscious. Before he did, he said, "Susie, sweetie. Don't do this! I love you!"

"Liar! You never did! Even if you did, you wouldn't have done this to me! Hurt me everyday! Not caring if I was in pain! How can you love me, or even say that! I don't get it! Your lies are weak. I know who you are... A monster..." She snapped, dealing the final blow. After this, she felt alive. She could finally stop the endless cycle of misery. She did feel bad, though. That was the last of her family, gone. And he deserved it...

A/n
Yes, I know, another one (my first chapter being an author's note). Also, a huge thank you to...

snowytheloneWolf !

Thank you for inspiring this book and a part of my art style and creativity! I love your books, especially lancer x Susie 1 and 2! And if your reading this, keep up the good work! Thx!

-Jinju32