Chapter 15: Trial And Adoption day

Susie remembered she had a doctor's appointment, so she decided she would run their quickly. She discussed with the doctor about the events that had taken place in the last week. The doctor, dr. Whimsun, asked her to wait for a moment while he found a diagnosis.

A few minutes later, he can back and said, "This may be hard, especially at your young age, but I have found slight symptoms of PTSD. I suggest that you not think about the past, atleast not the hard times, alright?"

Dr. Whimsun was right. It was going to be hard at such a young age, but she'd get through it.

"Thank you, I'll try!" She replied.

"Have a good night, Susie!"

Susie walked through the door, but stopped to say, "You too!"

Wow... PTSD? That's, uh, unexpected...

The teen went home, she would tell Kris and Toriel in the morning. When she got back, the other two were already asleep. Susie crept up the stairs to the room. With that...

Susie went to bed...

The next morning, she woke up earlier than usual, pain searing through her side. Why...? She thought, why today of all days?!?! She got off of 'her bed' and noticed Kris was still out cold. She smiled and made her way downstairs. Toriel wasn't in the kitchen, so she was probably still asleep, too. Susie checked the time, 7:40? She thought. She decided to wait until someone else got up, yet went to their room to grab a change of clothes for the day. After she finished, she sat on the couch as the pain was still attempting to die down, it seemed. Around half an hour later Toriel came down the stairs.

"Good morning, Susie." She yawned.

" Mornin' Toriel!" Susie greeted, standing up. The goat laughed.

"I can tell that you are excited for today, hmm?"

"Yes!"

"So am I. It will be a great day, won't it!"

Toriel noticed the lack of enthusiasm from Susie as they spoke with eachother.

"Dear, is something bothering you?" She asked finally.

"N-no! Why do you ask?"

"It's just that, you don't seem too excited. Is there something wrong?"

"Not exactly..."

"Well, you can talk to me about it, if you want."

Susie took a deep breath in and out before speaking again, "The only thing I'm not really excited for is the trial. I mean, it's good that we'll get it done and my dad will go to prison either way, but I just really hope it's a life sentence. I don't want him coming back anytime soon, y'know?"

Toriel looked over to her soon-to-be child, "I can see how that would get a little hard to handle, but I'm sure if we give enough evidence, you won't have to see him out on the streets ever again, my child." She hugged Susie close as they sat on the couch.

"I hope so..."

An hour passed since Toriel woke up, and Kris wasn't downstairs yet.

"Where is he? We must get ready to leave soon!" Toriel said as she got some lunch ready for before they left.

"I can go get him up!" Susie suggested.

"Thank you, child." Toriel smiled as she watched Susie dash up the stairs to fetch Kris. She went up to the room and shook Kris awake.

"Kris! Wake up! We're gonna get ready to leave soon!" She exclaimed.

"Wh- huh? I'm up, I'm up..." He sleepily replied.