Chapter 9: Worry

Why do I write? I don't know, but you all seem to like it, so... Why not! I enjoy writing fanfics, but when I reread them they kinda sound like trash. If you are here, I guess that you really enjoy this. I'll try hard and I will make more books. Also, I'm sorry that this story is based around one single character, I just love her personality and everything... Comment if you are here and have read up to this point! Bye!

-Jinju32

Everyone stayed sitting and waiting for Kris in the fields. They were all on edge about this whole situation, but pushed it aside to stay calm, or, as calm as they could be.

"I still can't believe what you did, Susie. Kris and ms. Toriel must have been (and probably still are) very worried about you!" Ralsei commented, laying down to stare up at the dark blue-ish sky.

"Yeah, whatever..." She responded.

"Maybe you should stay here for a bit, though. It might help to regain your energy before leaving!" The new king added, crawling back up on Susie as she lay down like Ralsei.

"Yeah, I think I will."

Less than half an hour later, Kris came over the slight hill, panting and limping a little, kind of like a dog.

"Hey, Kris!" The dark prince ran over to the human.

"Hi, Ral!"

"'Sup?" Susie was stared at by Kris.

"You know exactly what's ''sup', and you also asked on the phone!" He answered, going over to the monster and king.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." She looked away slightly and weakly crossed her arms.

"Well, now that that's settled, how have you been?" Ralsei directed to Kris.

"Okay, I guess. But literally, Susie, get some rest! You look and sound terrible!" Kris responded, and looked past Ralsei to see the monster still laying with Lancer on her.

"Fine..."

"How about we figure out the sleep situation now?" Ralsei suggested.

"Sure! Can Susie come to my castle? It's really close, so she can get there easier!" Lancer joined in,

"Alright, it is right there afterall!" Kris laughed and motioned towards card castle before them. He stared back at Susie, noticing some changes...

The moment he saw Susie, he found a look on her face that seemed to tell that she was... Was she crying? No, but close to, it seemed. Whatever! She wasn't dead and that was the best he could hope for. She didn't want to look upset, either. Why couldn't everything just be like it was before the day the whole 'pain thing' started? That was all that she wondered and hoped for. She knew what she was missing, what she needed and had lost... Family...

"Susie? You okay?" Lancer stared into her eyes, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Oh! Y-yeah... I'm alright!"

"I still want answers, though." Kris smirked, going up to Susie to help the monster stand.

"Okay. What do you want me to explain first?" She lifted Lancer off and got up, rolling her eyes and smiling.

"For starters, where even is the other half of your soul?"

Susie froze at the question, turning back to stare at him, "I didn't take it to your house?"

"No!"

"Then, probably at my place!"

"Where do you live? What's the address?"

"It's... Better if you don't go there..."

"But, we have to!"

"Chill! I'll do it when we get back, alright? Trust me, I have my reasons!"

"Fine, but I'll make sure you do."

"Suuuure!" Susie joked.

The girl was relieved when Kris asked a different question. Why did you even break your soul in the first place? It kinda sounds like a death wish to me! He so badly wanted to ask, but didn't as he saw her. Her expression showed she was a bit upset and uncomfortable already, not to mention tired! She looked half dead! Well, technically she was, but that's not the point...

"Are you in pain? Got a scale of 1-10?" He questioned instead.

"Yeah, and, uh..." She hesitated, only to here Lancer's voice speak up,

"Can we please get some rest? We can continue this in the morning!" He pleaded, tugging on her black and gold vest-thing.

"Heh, sure, why not!" Ralsei chimed, not caring if Kris had yet to hear her answer.

"Fine..." He finally agreed. They had the situation of who would sleep where figured out, so Kris and Ralsei left for castle town. Susie, accompanied by Lancer, went to card castle. Once inside, Lancer yelled something that he hadn't in a while...

"LESSER DAD!"...

Yay! Chapter 9 done! This will probably be my last chapter before Christmas, but I may write in my FreeTime over the holiday season! Idk why and could care less about why I'm obsessed with writing and this app, but, people are people! Anyways, see you all soon!

-Jinju32