Chapter 20: Darker

As they played the videogame, Sans and Toriel overheard them talking about the new DLCs Kris wanted.

"heh! they really like that game, eh?" Sans said, staring amused at the livingroom entrance.

"Oh, yes! They love it! It always seemed to put the children in a good mood, though they stopped playing it when Asriel left. Only rarely did Kris ever use the console much, but now that Susie's here, it might be quite a bit different!" She laughed.

Sans also laughed, then got up and made his way over to the couch with Kris, Asriel, and Susie, "heya, kiddos!"

"Hey, Sans!" She exclaimed, concentrating on the game, but looking up quick to show she was listening.

"mind if i sit with ya?"

"Sure!"

He watched for a while, before falling asleep, that is. He leaned against her, weighing her down a little, though she still managed to beat her brothers, again.

"Seriously?!?!" Kris joked, though still mad that they had lost again.

"Yep! Now, I'll be back, you just play while I'm gone."

"'Kay!"

She pulled Sans off of her, smiling and carrying him on her back to the kitchen. He was surprisingly light, though said that he was heavy, for a skeleton.

"Did Sans fall asleep again?" Toriel asked, looking over at Susie who nodded in reply. Carefully, she took him off of her back and walked out the door.

"Children! I'm taking Sans home, so, Asriel's in charge until I get back, okay?" She shouted to them.

"'Kay!" She heard them agree before she shut the door behind her.

"I'll try...!" He joked as the door closed.

"Oh, c'mon, Azzy! You know I'm easy to look after...!" Susie also joked, rolling her eyes sarcastically.

"Yeah, I know!" He laughed.

They just kept playing the game, not thinking of the time. When Asriel did check it, it was already past 8.

"Oh, wow! We should have something to eat, guys!" He suggested, looking back towards the other two.

"Yeah, sure!" Susie said, "I could make something, too."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Remember, experience...!" She backed away towards the kitchen, looking at the boys until she reached the doorway-thing.

Kris and Asriel continued the rounds, both winning around half of them before Asriel pulled through in the end.

"Hah!"

"Oh, come on! I can't beat anyone!" Kris, annoyed yet jokingly, exclaimed.

"Guess not!" Asriel took a minute to look towards the kitchen once more and check on the middle child.

"How's it goin' in there!" He shouted.

"Fine, how's it in there?" She replied.

"Cool!" Everyone was getting hungry, dinner was almost ready...

(I don't wanna say what they have, so... Yeah!)

They finished the food, saving some for their mother when she returned from Sans'.

"That was amazing! Where'd you learn to cook like that?" Kris asked.

"Well, when ya gotta fend for yourself quite a bit, you pick a few things up." Susie smiled.