Chapter 21: Back Again

"So, you wish to return to the darkworld?" Toriel asked, making sure she heard correctly.

"Yeah, mom. We won't be too long, right?" Asriel checked with his siblings, who nodded in agreement.

"Alright. But, if anything happens, anything at all, you come straight back here, understand? Especially, well, you know..." She motioned her head to Susie, who looked tired, as always.

"We will!"

"Before you leave, take these!" Toriel held a bag of stuff; a first aid kit, snacks, anything and everything that they would have to use in certain situations.

"Okay, thanks! We should probably get going now, though. Bye!" They all waved goodbye to their mother and set off.

Nearing the school, Asriel had some nice memories/flashbacks to his time there. Sure, he was bullied from time to time, but then he became popular-ish and everyone wanted to be his friend!

"Oh, I remember this place, too well." He hummed.

"Heh, you really liked this place, didn't ya?" Kris chuckled.

"Yep!" Asriel sighed, paws behind his head as he walked. Susie also sighed, walking closer beside him and smiling. Asriel snickered at this. The three continued walking, until they were inside of the school.

"It's funny, they never lock this thing!" The oldest smirked.

"Yeah!" Kris joined.

They continued to the closet, opening it and stepping inside. It didn't turn into the portal the younger children had fallen into multiple times.

"Wait... Why isn't it-?" Kris was interrupted.

"You gotta walk further, dork!" Susie laughed, sprinting further into the void of a storage closet.

"Susie! Slow down! There might still be a back of the closet somewhere, we don't know!" Asriel and Kris yelled at the now very far away female.

"Nah!" She said looking back and still sprinting ahead, "Don't worry, it's all good!" She gave a thumbs up and closed her eyes, giving a look that said she either didn't care, or knew what was happening.

"Just, be careful, okay?"

"How many times do I have to tell you! I'm fine!"

"Not really..." Kris mumbled to himself, audible for Asriel and making him slightly worried. Susie kept running, our of sight by now.

"Susie, come back! We need to get this going!" Kris yelled. No response.

"Come on! If you're saying anything, we can't hear you, so come back!" Asriel joined. Still, no answer.

"Oh, come on. Get over here, where'd ya go?" Asriel groaned, walking further in with Kris by his side. Something must have happened.

Next thing they know, they're falling...

"H-hello? Kris? Are you alright?" Kris heard a voice say. He opened his eyes to find Ralsei staring at him.

"Hey, Ral!" He smiled, sitting up.

"Welcome back! Also, who's he?" The fluffy boy asked, pointing over to Asriel.

"This is my brother, Asriel. You can call him Azzy, he either doesn't mind, or just can't do anything about it." He laughed, hearing Ralsei snicker.

"Why'd ya come back? It has been a while, but I don't mind! It's good to have you back."

"Well, y'know how Susie talked about what happened with her?"