Demands & Compromise

"Aurora!"

"What the hell did you do to him?" I demand. I have no time or patience for small talk right now.

David raises his eyebrow. The boys behind him all start laughing.

"It's not funny!" I snap.

David smirks. "Relax, Rory."

"Don't call me that."

This makes the boys laugh again. I notice that Star, Raven, and Laddie are nowhere to be seen.

I glare at all of them. They don't shut up. Knowing I have the best chances of getting an answer from him, I look at David again.

"What's going on with my brother?" I ask. My voice is cold.

He sighs.

"You don't need to concern yourself with it right now."

"The hell I don't!" A new type of rage hits me and I can feel my face heating up. "He's constantly angry and today he collapsed in pain! He's sleeping all the time! And none of it started until he began hanging around you people!"

Rolling his eyes, David chuckles.

"Why don't you come with us for a minute?" He suggests.

I scoff. "That's cute."

"I'm serious."

I clench my teeth.

"I'm not going anywhere with you guys."

They start laughing again. David simply lifts one hand, and they stop. The power.

"Come on, Aurora. We won't hurt you," he says.

"As much as I think that would be just peachy," I huff, "I have to be back here for my sisters in an hour."

He half-smiles at me.

"I'll have Raven take care of them."

I narrow my eyes.

"No. What about my car?"

He sighs.

"Give me your keys."

I'm about to protest when Raven, Star, and Laddie come skipping up. Raven grins at me.

"Hey, Rory."

I try to smile. "Hey."

David looks at her.

"Would you do me a favor, Raven?"

She nods. "Of course."

His eyes flit to me, then back to Raven.

"I've got some things to... explain to our friend. Would you mind meeting up with her sisters in one hour and taking them home?" He asks.

She beams.

"That sounds fine. Where am I meeting them?"

They all look at me then. I'm still glaring at David.

"Come on, Aurora. Nobody will get hurt, I promise. And it's the only way you're getting answers," he tells me.

I sigh.

"Fine." I toss my keys to Raven. Star presses her lips into a line. "They'll be waiting over by the roller coaster."

She giggles.

"Thanks!"

I sigh and look at David as the three of them leave again.

"Climb on," he smirks at me.

I hesitate, but now I don't have any other choice. I've just given my keys away. Besides, I do want answers. And if this really is the only way I'm getting them...

I sigh and walk over, sitting behind David.

He peeks over his shoulder, the smirk not leaving his face.

"Hold on tight."

That in itself has me tempted to jump right back off, but I don't. Instead, I clutch his waist and close my eyes as the motorcycle flies forward.