Chapter 16: The Costs To Save A Loved One

"...TOO BAD!" Connors suddenly had a crazy smile spread across his face as he pulled a pistol from the side of his soldier's belt and took aim as Anna and everyone gasped and went wide-eyed.

"DON'T!!!" Anna cried out in horror.

There was a loud bang and flash of light that went off in an instant. Everyone was frozen in shock as they watched Summer stand still for a moment before they saw blood trickle on the ground in front of her.

"M-Mom...?" Ruby stuttered as Summer hunched forward slowly and held her stomach, where blood began to stain her white clothes and cloak.

"Mrs.Rose...?" Hanji was about to reach out to her, but just when she was going to grab her cloak...

"I'm sorry..." Was all the managed to escape Summer's lips as she fell out of reach from Hanji and dropped limp on the ground.

"N-..." Anna stuttered as tears stream from her shocked eyes. "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Her cry echoed loudly as the ground suddenly shook violently enough to knock everyone down.

As Doctor Connors shook his head and sat up, he grinned when he turned towards your direction. Your eyes were covered by your hair as you clenched your teeth in a frown. Your fists slowly closed as your veins were beginning to bulge and a red aura suddenly began to glow around you.

"You..." You muttered as steam exhaled from your mouth and body.

"Ahhhh, looks like I got a direct hit, right? Godzilla?" Connors asked with a smug grin as Sarah ran over and wrapped her arms around you to make you not move.

"Don't do it, Y/N! It's not worth it! Please-Ngh!" Sarah winced as the heat coming off your body grew hotter.

Just then, Summer coughed blood and struggled to move on the ground as Hanji instantly went down and aided her with the help of Moblit. Meanwhile, Connors smiled at it all as Erwin was beyond outrage.

"You've gone too far! Soldiers! Arrest that man!" Erwin yelled out, but suddenly Connors laughed once more.

"Uh-Uh! You're not in charge anymore!" He laughed as he pulled out a rolled up document that was tied with a red string. "I have full rights and permission from the council to do whatever it takes to bring the tests subjects back. That means rights to oversee your position as commander! Erwin, I relieve you of your position here in Beacon and you are to return to Atlas with the rest of your troops immediately! Failure to comply will result in a court marital and military arrest." He said as Levi unsheathed one of his beam sabers.

"You bastard..." Levi began to walk towards Connors with ill intent as Connors grinned.

"I don't think so...~" Connors said lowly before throwing one hand in the air and smiling insanely wide. "COME! MECHAGODZILLA!!" He screamed out loud as Levi stopped in his tracks with caution.

Just then, the loud noise of thrusters grew more and more loud as glass shattered and everyone below covered themselves as something flew above you all before landing in front of Connors with a loud clanging noise of metal. Once you lowered your arms from in front of your eyes and stood back up straight, you gasped in shock and went frozen as you saw what was standing in front of the bastard of a scientist.

"W-What is...this...?" You stammered as Summer weakly looked up in interest before a horrified look spread across her face.

"No...It can't be..." Summer said as her mind filled with old memories.

Flashback, Lagos Island

Summer was standing near the edge of a sandy beach facing beautiful ocean as the wind blew calmly and the bright sun above shined with a gentle warmth. She wore a pair of white and red shorts with a red tank top and had some slippers on as she smiled while enjoying the scenery. As she was basking at the calm ocean however, a voice interrupted her silence.