drama (1)

Kang Taehyun is an insanely smart employee at Korea's biggest undercover intelligence agencies. he's just finished his probation period, as a criminal psychologist. this agency's culture is handing every team a case to work on, so it's basically a team's effort collectively in solving any case of offence. each team consists of professionals from all departments that have their different expertise in solving crime, like a forensic scientist, an investigation specialist, a person expert in technical stuff, lawyer, a psychologist etc . all the teams are supervised by a separate individual and all the members in that team are answerable to their head. Taehyun's head is Choi Yeonjun, a guy who gets impressed the hardest and insanely strict about their work, thus the reason why his team is always or mostly on the top. it bothered Yeonjun about the new addition in their team, Taehyun. he thought he's too young too compete, will be dumb and slack a lot. basically, he perceived Taehyun a threat for his team's progress that they earned by working their butts off over the last few years. but Taehyun behaved in a completely different manner much to Yeonjun's shock, that guy was never wrong about shit in his life but he did predict Taehyun's work ethics incorrectly. Taehyun sure was the youngest in their team but the finest member, indeed. his skills of analyzing cases from the perspective of psychology were absolutely mind blowing, Taehyun was gifted. throughout his probation period he proved his skills multiple times. was famous beyond his team. he even adjusted in the new job environment well, over all, we was liked generally.

its's been a few weeks he became a permanent employee and is only getting better at his job. it's a Tuesday and all the members of Yeonjun's team have been working a case for over 2 weeks of a rape of a 14 year old boy by his very own teacher. disturbing huh? well they have to keep studying it, it's their job. the case is pretty much wrapped up they just have to decide on the treatment of the offender.

''sir i believe rather than just having the courts sentence him to death, we can try observing him in the rehab center for a few months, if he doesn't show any improvement then we can consider for a straight action of executing him'' said Taehyun, Yeonjun found himself thinking what the younger had said, that really could be a better option. he rested his chin on his fingers and thought until another member raised their opinion.

''how sensitive are u Kang?'' that was Jimseok, their investigation's expert. he thought that the offender should directly be sentenced to death. he was a little less emotional, but that was just his nature.

''i appreciate if u talk clearly, what are u implying Jimseok?'' Taehyun said quickly, he was starting to get pissed, this wasn't the first time Jimseok was opposing Taehyun's opinion, he sort of had developed a habit of it. and this time Taehyun was having a hard time to just bear it like it's their normal routine, which it is.

''listen shorty, i know you're a psychologist, that's why you're so pathetic whenever we have to deal with the offender's punishments. he raped a minor for the love of God! what improvement do u expect from such an animal?!" Jimseok half talked half yelled. he sure had a point but so did Taehyun. what's with the aggression and calling him ''shorty'? Taehyun was getting mad now. despite he tried to maintain his chill

''i go by the name Taehyun not shorty, since u fail to remember. and it's not about being pathetic, it's about analyzing this situation as a whole. im just saying lets observe him for a while, then u can go ahead have the court execute him.'' Taehyun said trying to keep calm, inside he was fuming

jimseok let out a mocking chuckle. "Yeonjun, are u gonna tell this kid how dumb he's being, please?he's just being too childish, our jobs don't need emotions. if we let everyone go in a rehab center, they'll have their good time and will get pretend to improve, when we let em out, they get out and commit offence again! they deserve to be killed right away with no mercy! Jimseok's voice was a little too loud for Yeonjun's liking, but he was surely making a good point.

yeonjun was debating in his mind as to go with who's opinion. both Taehyun and Jimseok were raising good points. this was very conflicting. he kept debating mentally as both, Taehyun and Jimseok defended their separate, contradicting opinions.

it went on for a good 10 minutes, of yeonjun trying to figure out which was the better option while the two members kept arguing. rest of the members took part in their conversation, defending either Taehyun or Jimseok. ten minutes but their conversation went nowhere near a solution, not even Yeonjun could decide.

another five minutes went by, and Yeonjun came to a conclusion. a conclusion that might not be appreciated by Taehyun very much. he announced ''alright, that's enough u both, gosh. i know what is to be done, sorry Taehyun but Jimseok here makes a relatively safer point, that teacher sure is an animal, he deserves to be executed right away''

taehyun couldn't respond to that, this was the nth time some other member's opinion was chosen over his despite all the time he defended himself so smoothly. did Yeonjun think he wasn't worth his team?

''hah! sorry shorty, you'll learn sooner or later'' Jimseok mocked. Taehyun couldn't care less as he just stared at the table trying to process the entire situation, why does Yeonjun never pick his opinions? he was quite speechless

this bothered yeonjun, normally Taehyun would smile and agree like a good boy, this time as if he was frozen. ''Taehyun, i really liked your points, it's just that we need to push past emotions. such extreme cases are critical to deal with, and i appreciate your ideas...a lot, but they're not entirely suitable for this very case''

taehyun got up ''sure sir. im resigning btw'' the members all gasped, is he really resigning? just after clearing his probation period? ''you know better shorty'' Jimseok commented

yeonjun only sighed ''Taehyun, please think about it. we're one team, we must learn to respect other's opinion'' he tried to explain.

''i get it Yeonjun!'' taehyun snapped, for the first he time didn't use any honorific for Yeonjun. instantly putting Yeonjun in shock. ''it's always me who has to learn, others can do shit they want. u always nod your empty head on their ideas as if they send u funds for doing so!" Taehyun mocked as he proceeded to get off the table and leave the room, leave this company actually.

''taehyun u can't just resign like that'' yeonjun said will an anger filled tone

''oh yeah? watch me" he started walking, turned around when he reached the door and said '' and go ahead, construct a resignation letter on my behalf and mail to it to your unprofessional ass!'' he waltzed his way out of the room.

there was indescribable tension in the room. ''Dismiss'' Yeonjun announced, all the members returned back to their offices leaving a fuming Yeonjun in the meeting room. he was regretting favoring Jimseok over Taehyun, which was only fair but he still regretted it. now that he comes to think of it, it really is how Taehyun stated, Yeonjun did really favor other's opinions over Taehyun's. this surely did develop an insecurity of autonomy for the younger. apart from all that, Taehyun's resigning could be a huge loss for their team, and most specifically....Yeonjun was past fond of Taehyun's presence every day. he adimred his work ethics and valued his skills...he valued Taehyun a lot, as an employee and, as a man as well.

so he decided to try and talk to him, visit him at his place and soothe him out of the insecurity he developed in the younger, Taehyun was precious to Yeonjun, too precious