Prologue

Lily turned a full 360 degrees to take in the appearance of her new bedroom. All that the previous owners had left here was a wardrobe which was built into the wall of the bedroom.

She slowly walked towards it. The paint was chipped, and it looked really old, but she thought it was cute. It fit the room well.

One wall making up the room - the one with the door in - was painted blue, but all the others were the same white as the wardrobe. The wardrobe was on one of the walls adjacent to the blue wall.

She could picture where she was going to put everything. Her bed would go against the blue wall, and her old white desk would go under the dusty windows.

She walked over to the old white wardrobe and slowly opened the creaky doors. She surveyed it with her scrutinising eyes, slowly taking in every minute detail of the inside of the cupboard. It was very dusty in there, as if no one had taken care of it in many years.

"What's this?" She asked the empty room, when she noticed a long crack which stretched up the length of one board in the back of the wardrobe.

Her voice scared her, it was loud in the silent room. She could not hear her parents bustling about downstairs helping the moving men lift all the furniture into the house. She could not hear her younger sister and brother arguing over which room they were going to get. She could not even hear her two dogs chasing each other around the small garden behind the house.

All she could hear was her steady breathing slowly getting faster, and the sound of the wood being taken out of the back of the wardrobe as she pried the board away.

The perfect hiding place.

As she took in what the old owner of this room had left, her eyes widened. She saw a small blue leather-bound book.

Her hand reached out to take it from its tiny hiding place in the back of the wardrobe, and she took it and sat in the corner of the room, her back resting against the wall.

She slowly opened the book, and as she started to read it, she realised what it was.

A journal.

And on the first page it read, in large scrawled writing that seemed like it had been written in a hurry:

Contents: the story of Luke Hemmings.

____________________

Oh my gosh I am excited for this one :D

Credits for the cover go to mmxvi-