epilogue #1

"Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending."
C. JoyBell C.

How life can change just like that I don't know why or how. Life just happens. It goes on without us knowing what will happen to us. Life is unpredictable. But sometimes life is just like an old bridge hanging tightly on its thread while we try to walk across to the other side.

We never know if we're going to get across safely or fall down to our death. And along the way we pray to God that nothing will happen to us.

Me, I'm a twenty-two year old lonely prince that can't continue to walk to the other side of the bridge. My bridge is made of steel that's slowly getting rusty day by day. It was beautiful before. I remember being on the bridge made me feel happy. I was not lonely at that time. I was with a hoyden princess.

She was the best thing that ever happened to me. She was my everything. To be honest, I didn't think that I would fall for her. At that time all I need is a friend. A friend that would accompany me at anytime and doesn't care about the cost of walking on my rusty bridge just to be with me.

At that time, she was my everything.

Now, my bridge seems to crumple. It doesn't look like the beautiful bridge I remember. That princess has left me in the middle of the bridge. She left, without even saying goodbye. She left me standing there, alone, sad, not knowing what to do and worst of all, leaving me behind when I need her the most.

I made mistakes. Lots, probably. . But what I had done to her was just out of my hand. I didn't know the cost of what I did that time. I didn't know that my action would drove her away from me. The only person I need the most. . left me alone on my bridge.

Maybe what people say is right:

Never fall in love with your best friend. And when you do fall for them, that's the end of the world for you.

I know I can't have her the way I want her, but I will never stop loving her.

I, Erik Durm, promise that I will always be Karen Hormann's best friend until the end.

Always.

___________________

what do you know..

the epilogue is up earlier than i expected.. two updates in a day, eh?

i hope it's not that short and shabby though

i'll edit this soon

again, thank you all so much for reading this :D

-Maria