Snowmonkey Business!

***Art by Royce Sayer***

   We woke to a thick blanket of snow outside the tent. Snom crawled out of the tent, saw the snow, and squealed with delight! "Snoooom, ssno, snommm!!" She made a little path through the snow, still chanting to herself with happiness. "Okay okay, Snom. Come back here and get some breakfast first!" I said. "Then I promise you, we will go play in the snow" I grinned at her and she sighed. "Snooooommmmm" she cried as she turned and came back to get some food.
   Some of the Pokémon chose to hang out in their Pokéballs today, the icy wind is just too cold for them! We had breakfast inside the tent, so everyone could eat before either going out to play or jumping back inside their pokeball to escape the cold! "Oh I wish I could join you in a pokeball" I said, shivering. "Ah well, time to play in the snow, duty calls!" I said with a smirk, looking over at Snom who was already working her way over to the door. I put on my hat, gloves, thick winter jacket and some snow boots, and headed out into the icy wind.
   Snom was already out there, creating beautiful patterns in the snow. "Hey buddy! Wanna make a snowman family with me?" I shouted out to Snom, and she chirped back "Snooom!" and came over to start building! We first cleared a space to build our snow family, then with all the gathered snow, we started building! It was great fun! Snom made a tiny snow bunny, complete with little leaf ears after she found two leaves hiding in the snow. I had just finished building the first snow person and realised I needed a quick drink. "I'll be right back Snom! If you need me I'll be in the tent" I shouted to her but she was too engrossed in her snow bunny building to really hear me. I headed over to the tent, trudging through the snow, and got myself a nice warm drink of cocoa. Then I heard a noise outside the tent, followed by a lot of other voices and then "SNOOMMMMM". I quickly put down my cocoa and ran outside.

   To my surprise, a group of Darmanitan was jumping about in the snow! Snom was scared, they are very large compared with a little Snom! "Its okay Snom!" I shouted over to her, "I think they just want to play!" And the Darmanitan jumped up and down in excitement! Looks like we had a whole tribe of new friends to play with in the snow now!
   We spent the whole day playing. Building snow people (and snow bunnies!), even building a snow-Darmanitan! We had a massive snowball fight, and ended up rolling around in the snow laughing, messing up our snow angels because we were having so much fun!
   All great days have to come to an end though, and we packed up camp and headed home. The weather was perhaps a bit too treacherous to be camping outside yet! However, the Darmanitan followed us the whole way home!! My little apartment doesn't have room for a whole tribe of Darmanitan...it barely has room for ONE Darmanitan...I don't stay here often, only in bad weather so it's nothing fancy.
   The Darmanitan squished into every available space they could! "Guys, I would love if you could all stay with me, but there just isn't space" I said sadly, and they all started to cry. "I have an idea though. I am part of a team of people who help give homes to Pokémon in need!" They looked at me curiously. "One of you can stay with me, and the others will all find trainers to play with! How does that sound?" I asked them.
   They paused for a moment, quiet and contemplating. They looked at each other sadly and started a massive group hug while crying loudly. "Guys, I promise your trainers will let you all see each other again!" They stopped crying, and looked at me. Then one Darmanitan started smiling, and another, and finally the whole tribe was smiling. Then they started to dance, and my poor apartment was getting torn apart!
   "Okay okay, guys let's go before I have no apartment to come home to!" I said and we all laughed. Off we headed to the Haven headquarters to find them a home!

"Thank you all for offering to help these wonderful Darmanitan!" I grinned at the members, and the Darmanitan ran to their new trainers. "I should warn you..." but it was too late. They grabbed all the trainers together and had a massive group hug, myself included!

Until next time trainers, keep adventuring!