Chapter 3

Hyungwon's POV

I woke up few hours later. My head was still a bit fuzzy but I felt much lighter than before. I tried to get up but felt a pair of arms around me. I turned slightly and saw Kihyun curled up into a ball and hugging me.
He must be cold and tired, I thought.

My body wasn't aching anymore and I couldn't see the bruises or the dried blood on my body, but there was one thing that still couldn't be healed...the scar across my chest. I sighed and slowly unwrapped Kihyun's arms from around me. He whimpered slightly at the loss of warmth but then went silent again.
I slowly got up and stretched. I really couldn't feel any pain, even the scar on my chest didn't hurt as much.

I walked around the basement quietly and looked for a blanket of some sort because it was getting really cold and both Kihyun and I could fall sick because we didn't have anything warm to wear.

I found an old wooden chest in one corner. I opened it as quietly as possible and saw that inside were a lot of old clothes, pictures, envelopes and a letter.
Then at the bottom of the chest was just what I was looking for - a big, fluffy blanket. I carefully pulled it out, walked over to Kihyun and draped it around his shivering frame. Then I walked back to the chest, taking the broken candle and matchbox with me.

I lit the candle and sat down, carefully pulling out the contents of the chest. There were a lot of warm clothes like cardigans, shawls and leather jackets. There were several pictures of my father and mother, few pictures of me, but only one of our whole family. I set them down side by side and observed them.
My mother was a beautiful woman, she had dark eyes, curly hair, plump lips and thick, dark lashes.
A tear slid down my cheek.
I missed her...

___________________________________________________

Unedited

I know this is super short, and I'm really sorry but I really wanted to update....
School just started last week and we're already bombarded with tests so I'm sorry if the chapters aren't that long.
I promise I'll try to update at least once a week even if the chapters are short.
I hope you enjoyed❤️
-❤️Shi