Unused Chapter 12-13 Scene (DC)

Author's Note: I completely forgot I could post this since I've already published Chapter 15 now. This was going to showcase Virgo's tactician abilities, but... oh, have I not mentioned that before? Oops, spoiler! Well, not really, but... hey, to those who bothered to come here – now you know.

-x-x-x-

"Has anyone actually ever thought of using something else to travel? Like, I don't know, horses?" Pisces pondered, as they headed down the road towards a very welcomed forest ahead. The sun's glare was beginning to become more scorching than warm as the sun continued to rise, and everybody was sweating as they hiked along.

"We can't afford to sit around and care for extra mouths," Scorpio grumbled, "And it'd probably draw even more attention to us, which we don't want. I didn't think I'd have to emphasise that point."

"You don't want attention... because you're a noble from Neptae, yes? Oh, and you escaped imprisonment at the country... Py... Pyrax." Virgo stated aloud, her brow furrowing. "Because... they accused Neptae of the theft of... the Crests. Is that... right?"

"Yeah, you're picking up quickly!" Sagittarius exclaimed.

"That's the simplest form of it, yes." Aries nodded. "And Libra, Gemini and Aquarius – you guys have to be careful, too. You don't know if you're still being looked for."

"Ah... I'd doubt that, really." Libra smiled faintly. "I mean, there are many other heirs to the throne back in Auraidor. I'm sure they'd do fine without me..." A familiar face sparked to mind – of a certain prince who had wished him home safely – and felt a pang of guilt, but it was quickly replaced with determination. "Besides, we're here because we have a mission – a just cause. I'd like to see this war ended, too."

"Gaebia's not quite informed about the war as the other countries are, I'd think." Capricorn said. "I don't know if it was just Dione, but back then the only information we'd ever get was about the Tellus Republic and the rebellion. We'd never heard of any of you before this."

"That's promising." Aries remarked. "Maybe we might not have to skulk around hiding our faces here in Saturis, if that's the case."

"Even if the common people don't know your face," Taurus warned, "The Tellus Republic occupy Saturis. Being the leaders of Gaebia at the moment, they'd probably have information about you, Aries and Scorpio."

"Aw, darn it."

"Besides, the Tellus Republic is very cautious of outsiders." Capricorn muttered. "Never mind the war – with all the suspicion around who's part of the rebellion and who isn't, they're extra suspicious of foreigners."

"How are we going to investigate in Saturis, then, if they're so skittish?" Aquarius asked, frowning. "A group of eleven like ourselves will surely draw attention."

"Everyone, be quiet!" Cancer suddenly snapped, uncharacteristically loud as she halted in her place. "I... I hear something."

"Not another body, I hope..." Libra murmured.

"Voices." Pisces stated softly, as a hush fell over the entire group. "I wonder... who would be out here in a forest?"

"I have a sinking feeling it's going to be people who probably want to kill us," Gemini sighed, before a smile crossed her face. "Let's investigate!"

"Shh!"

"Sorry, sorry. But let's go – and quietly, of course...!"

-x-x-x-

It turned out it was very hard for a group of eleven people to walk quietly in a forest where the ground was covered in branches and leaves and everything that could make noise. Fortunately for the Zodiacs, the voices were much louder, drowning out most of the sounds they did make.