An Assassin's Faith/Music Idol AU

(An Assassin's Faith is a story by Lucid_fantasies_! Check it out if you haven't already! Also, this may or may not be edited once in a while to keep up with facts and to change mistakes that I've most probably made but I'm too lazy to check it now.)

Gaela Itenokami works under Cillian Häyhä with the agency – the Rí an Ghealach. She's been given a new task: to guard rising star in the music industry, David Moon. Why? She's not quite sure, but there is no questioning orders as an assassin.

Oh, and apparently, she can't go there as a bodyguard either; "That'll be too obvious to potential killers." Ma171 has organised everything that Gaela will need; to become a music idol, following David Moon's every move to every music event he visits, and protect him from being killed (especially because of the string of murders that have been happening in the music industry) while not letting potential killers realise her true motives. The Kings of the Moon, on the other hand, are ordered to stay behind and stay backstage instead of help her out. (Again, Gaela isn't quite sure why.)

On the way, she meets talented violinist, singer and songwriter Maria Reginheraht, who also happens to be an excitable detective looking to investigate the strange murders and disappearances of people in the music industry, her friend Lait Yi, who's also Maria's biggest fan, and a mysterious band with lead singer TRAXX, who Gaela suspects to have links to the target on David's head. Also, who is this David Moon, really, and why is he so interested in Gaela? Whatever it takes, Gaela will make sure to see her job through – even if it includes 'dates' with said musician and 'emotions' – (wait, no, that wasn't in the job description...)

-x-x-x-

Gaela Itenokami - she's a 'solo' singer who's backed up by Ma171 for most of her tracks (who does most of the composing and also sings, but never onstage – only for recordings), but she also does occasional songs with Rin (one of the main singers in some of Gaela's songs) and Adrienne (who doesn't know why she's here aside; she writes most of the lyrics and does some vocals) to 'maintain her cover'. Gaela also plays the cello, but it's a little known fact. She mysteriously appeared in the music industry one day and quickly gained popularity, rivalling David's own fanbase. She seems to be at every music event David Moon is at, leading to some speculating about her love life – and it doesn't help that David seems to have a sudden interest in this new, rising star as well.

David Moon - a young man who's quickly risen to the top of the music charts. Nobody quite knows how he got there, but his dashing looks, signature songs and his voice has caught the attention of many. He's gained an interest in the rising star Gaela for some particular reason – some of his fans speculate he's interested in her romantically, while some others believe it's because he's interested in how she managed to rise to the top so quickly too. Either way, they've been dubbed as rivals by their fans, which... is an interesting scenario. David Moon is also an avid chess player; a fact well known by many of his fans.

Maria Reginheraht - a solo violinist, singer and songwriter. She's her own personal manager and director, and her talent has caught the eyes of many. She's very friendly amongst her fans and very popular, and is known as a sweet and quirky young idol. Her love of detective work is a little less well known, but that's hard to believe when she's engaged in brutal insulting matches and bickering with Gary, who is her 'rival' in the music industry who also shares a similar interest in detective work. Maria meets Gaela at Gaela's first music event, and recognising she's new to the music industry, helps her out and offers to show her around. Gaela ends up befriending her and – without quite realising it – becomes fond of her.

Lait Yi - Maria's friend and biggest fan. She's always around at every music event Maria goes to and cheers her on. She's also ended up befriending Gaela. She plays the piano but doesn't actively participate in the music industry – or so it's believed. However, Adrienne (who accompanies Gaela to her music events sometimes to keep an eye out and manage other things) isn't quite sure of that...