Knights in the Courtyard (DC Aries, Scorpio and Sagittarius)

"Hey, Scorpio! You came!"

A young, red-haired boy, who couldn't have been older than eight, bounded over with the energy of a fawn who had recently learned to walk. His teal eyes with alight with excitement and he nearly tripped over his oversized cape as he scampered over.

"Aries." Someone called.

Aries immediately spun around. "Mom! Can I play with Scorpio?" He pleaded, eyes wide and glossy as he gave his mother – a woman with dark brown hair that gleamed a dull ruby in the sunlight and kind eyes that matched her son's – the best puppy-dog look he could muster. (He had learned that this often got him around a little better, especially with the servants and maids.)

"Aries von Deistos, come here. Control yourself for a moment."

With a pout, Aries slouched his way over to peer back at Scorpio from behind his mother's cream and red dress. His mother – even though she was the queen of Pyrax, and certainly dressed like one, with the luxurious dress and crown – affectionately ran a hand through his hair. "Wait a moment, Aries."

"Ahem. Apologies for my son's behaviour." This time, the king – and Aries' father – spoke up. His hair was as red as his son's, and he bore a striking resemblance to the young prince's face aside from the wrinkles and serious frown. "Duke von Charon, Duchess von Charon. Welcome to Pyrax."

"And you too, King Deistos and Queen Diestos." The dark-haired man in blue garb addressed the two members of royalty. "And do not apologise. Children will be children. I have several children myself, as you know."

"Of course. We are sincerely grateful that you could arrive here safely. Please, do accompany us to the Conference Room. We have heard good news about Neptae's progress with her newly formed Ministry of Research of Magic."

"Yes, yes, indeed. And same to you too – I trust things have been peaceful and your lands blessed by Eireas and Nyriu in recent times." Duke von Charon responded pleasantly. "Let us go, then." He glanced down at Scorpio, who was cowering behind his wife's dress, and his neutral face twisted slightly. "Scorpio. Stop that."

The dark-haired boy mumbled something under his breath as he unpeeled himself from his mother's dress. Duchess von Charon gently nudged her son off to the side.

"Your children have been well, haven't they?" Queen Deistos said kindly, giving Scorpio a smile. "They will come to lead the Ministry of Foreign Affairs well."

"Oh." Duke von Charon's face twisted into something that was supposed to be a polite smile, but seemed more like a grimace. "Not this one, I'm afraid. The others are... better at this. We brought him here in hopes he would pick up on some etiquette, but..."

"He has many years to come, Duke von Charon. Children need time to grow... he'll grow into a fine young man one day. In time, I'm sure all of your children will be successful in the future."

"Mom... can I play with him?" Aries whispered not-so-quietly.

"Wait, Aries." His father rumbled.

Duke von Charon slowly nodded. "Yes, yes... of course. As you say. Well, if your son would like to take him off my hands..."

"Very well, then." Queen Deistos nodded. "Aries, please take Scorpio out into the courtyard if you want to play. We will be discussing important things in the Conference Room. If you require something, ask a servant to help you."

"Yes!" Aries cried, then quickly added as an afterthought, "Yes, of course, Mother." He sent Scorpio a smile. "Scorpio, follow me!"

Scorpio skittered over to the redhead after shooting his parents a nervous look. Aries grabbed his hand and tugged him off, the two of them nearly tripping over their own feet in Aries' hurry.