The Ugly Truth

Hey! So, just a heads up, I go back to school soon. So, my update times may slow down a bit, but my schedule is pretty light this semester, so I think it will be about the same. I'm gonna try to stick with it, for this story and for Defiance.

Since a lot more people read my books than look at my announcements on my page, I'm going to post this here too, just to get the word around. Once, long ago, in an age of Vine and Musically and other fads, there was an app called Smule, where one could sing to their heart's content to their favorite songs.

I've been on Smule for a few years, sort of in secret, but I've decided to share my singing with the world. Yay? XD

Anyway, I have a twitter page dedicated to my Smule content, as well as other things. Like, a normal account of sorts but not my main, and more music-focused. I would appreciate it so, so much if you could check the page out, it is @ Lizzy_RoseMusic. I post pretty regularly, I don't record new content when I'm in school because it's harder to, so I pre-record in bulk while I'm at home and upload pre-recorded content on occasion during school as well as on breaks so there's always a pretty steady stream of stuff to listen to. And, if you do follow/scroll through and listen to some of my stuff, I could give you a follow (if I don't already) or a shoutout or whatever :)

Thank you! Sorry for the long note, enjoy! 

(If you read Defiance, you would have noticed that I copied and pasted the author's note and changed Storm Clouds to Defiance ;) XD)

{Author's POV}-Mindpalace, a few hours later. 

     Virgil's head was like a stormy ocean, raging and foggy. His body felt tired and heavy. He could make out voices within the tempest in his head, but only a little. His mind was too tired to differentiate between the different voices. Instead, he tried to focus on the way they talked. One was almost monotone and calm-Logan. One more loving and happy-Patton.

     Virgil flinched when one started yelling passionately about something, and he felt a hand resting on his.

     Roman. 

     Virgil focused, slowly clearing the fog and coming into tune with what was being said. Just in time to hear Patton ask a question.

     "Did he just flinch...?"

     He felt the hand on top of his jump, and he could feel Roman's presence now kneeling in front of him. "Virgil? Virgil, can you hear me...? It's Roman."

     On the other side, Roman, Logan, and Patton all sat around, waiting to see if Virgil would do anything. They watched as Virgil's peaceful expression turned into a frown of concentration. His head started turning back and forth as he tried to get his body to do something.

     "Come on, Virgil. That's it. You're doing good, come on." Roman encouraged, his excitement growing. He couldn't wait to see Virgil again, to hear his voice...

     Finally, after what felt like a lifetime, Virgil managed to peek his eyes open, looking up to a fuzzy image of Roman. "R-Ro-" Virgil stopped as a coughing fit overtook him, his throat exhausted from the screaming earlier.

     "Are you ok, Virgil! Do you need anything? Water, Tea?" Patton immediately jumped from his armchair, doing what Patton did best, taking care of his dark, strange son.

     "T-Tea, please, Pat." he rasped, trying to clear his throat.

     Patton nodded, giving him a big smile as he ran off into the kitchen.