Divided (pt. 2)

Hello everybody! 

Quick thank you for 500 reads! :D

Here's the next part of Divided!

{Author's POV}

      When Roman and Logan got to the living room, Patton was on the couch, speaking in a quiet and comforting voice to Virgil. Virgil noticed them walk in first and glared at them, causing Roman to flinch. When Patton looked up, he sighed and sat next to Virgil on the couch. Roman took his armchair, and Logan his. The four sides sat in silence, before Patton cleared his throat to grab their attention.

     "I would like to know exactly what you two were thinking, going into Virgil's room without permission, and talking to...one of them?!" Patton asked, trying to tread cautiously with his words.

     It didn't do anything. Virgil involuntarily flinched, those same words spinning in his head. One of them. One of them.

     You'll always be one of them.

     He was reminded of the mark on his back. Always.

     "I heard Virgil speaking to someone the other day. It was a strange conversation and I...got curious. I went in there, and his brother appeared in his mirror. I talked to him, and he said if I came back, he could answer my questions. So, Virgil was sleeping, and I decided to go up and get some answers. I ran into Logan in the hallway, and asked him to distract Virgil. I didn't tell him what was going on. This is completely my fault, Virgil, I'm so sorry." Roman explained, looking to the younger side. He refused to meet his gaze.

     'You didn't even think to ask me, did you?" he asked. Roman was suspicious, it sounded like he was holding back tears from his voice.

     "I...I did, I don't know what got a hold of me. I'm sorry, Virgil. I don't know if it was curiosity. I mean, we've never seen your brother before, not that we'd want to, but I guess maybe a part of me was curious? I really don't know what it was, but I'm sorry."

     "Well you saw him! Are you happy? Did you like how he looked?!" Virgil asked, looking up and digging his gaze into Roman's. Roman flinched, then frowned.

     "Virgil, I apologize for my part in this. It is true that Roman did not tell me what he was intending to do or why he was going into your room, but I should have not have deceived you or permitted him to do so. However, if there is anything you are keeping from us, particularly anything pertaining to the...others, or anything that may harm Thomas, I believe it is imperative that we know. I'm not going to push you to tell us, because it is wrong. We are a team here, though, despite how it looks now, and all of us have Thomas's best interest at heart. That does not in any way excuse my actions or Roman's, but if anything can hurt Thomas, I do trust that you would tell us, when it becomes imperative for you to do so. I believe you would do the right thing. You are one of us Virgil." Logan said.

     Virgil froze. The same voice as before, but this time in a completely different tone. Less sinister, and more warm and inviting.

     One of us.

     "If I believed my brother was a threat to any of us, of course I would tell you. There's a lot I haven't told you, and that is because it is either unnecessary or something that you won't understand. There are some things I handle on my own, and I am more than capable enough to do so. Matters regarding my brother falls under that category. Same as the others. They are my responsibility." Virgil explained.

     Patton placed a hand on Virgil's shoulder. "No, kiddo. They are our responsibility. You heard Logan, we are a team."

     Virgil, growing frustrated, gently shook Patton's hand off, ignoring his surprised look. "Some team." he said, looking away from them and facing the floor.