Balance

Hello, darlings! :)

If you read the last chapter, I hope you're not too mad at me, because by the end of this one, you will either hate or love me. :D

I hope it is the latter. 

Anyways, here goes nothing! 

{Author's POV}

     Patton couldn't speak a word.

     Logan was wide-eyed in shock yet curiosity all at the same time.

     Roman grimaced, shaking his head.

     Virgil felt himself zoning out as he tried to ignore the panic rising in his chest as the truth finally came out.

     "So...when you and your brother were separated, you were separated as...Paranoia. When did you...become Anxiety?" Logan wondered.

     "I don't...I don't really know. I don't know much about it. I just started becoming less and less...mad, delusional. I got tired of being afraid of everything being out to get me, and it just turned into uneasiness. It didn't make a lot of sense to me, it just sort of happened." Virgil explained.

     "Well, paranoia is more delusional, more extreme. I suppose as Thomas was growing up and learning more about the world, he may have been more...delusional in some sense, especially due to growing curiosity. For example, the way he was afraid of...shadow demons and demogorgons coming to get him. As a child, he was extra fearful that monsters were going to come for him, which in turn may lead to bouts of Paranoia. However, as he grew up, those fears were recognized as more nonsensical, and I suppose you got...knocked down a peg, figuratively speaking. While fears brought on from Anxiety may not always be...realistic, or as exaggerated as made out to be, paranoia is-" Logan stopped, as he noticed Virgil flinch at his words.

     "You ok, kiddo?" Patton asked, noticing the movement as well. For the first time during the discussion, Roman looked confused as well.

     "Yeah, that was...the rest of it. Their...plan." Virgil gasped, taking deep breaths in an effort to regain his composure.

     "What do you mean?" asked Logan.

     "Para-He...He is...still a part of me. He was buried, deep down, when I...we became Anxiety, locked away, but part of him is still in there. So, when you say his name-"

     "It's like...summoning him?" Roman asked.

     "Sort of. He can hear, and it...riles him up, but it takes a lot more than that for him to escape completely. He's like...locked in a cage, buried deep, deep down. Can we just...not say his name? Even if it didn't rile him up, I don't...like hearing it." he admitted, dropping his head.

     "Of course, Virgil, I'm sorry. You were saying something about their plan, however..." Logan brought up.

     "The others. They did this-" he gestured in shame to his marked torso, "-when I started to become Anxiety. They were angry with me before, because they blamed me for the separation from my brother, because it weakened him, practically destroyed him. He used to be the most powerful. Some of them, like Remus, treat him as their king, especially back then because of his power. When I was...him...they didn't mess with me as much, because I was Fear's...psychotic, delusional little brother. I was like...a madman. Some of them were afraid of me, some didn't want to take their chances at upsetting me or my brother. When I started becoming Anxiety, and people started noticing that he was changing, they got angry. 'Our leader was practically killed for this.' I was weaker than he was, more 'pathetic', and if I had stayed attached to my brother instead of ruining everything, they would be on top." Virgil explained.